New Pics of 125...WIP.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JosephMCorbett

AC Members
Feb 7, 2005
Northern California
I got it at Petco. They have all types and sizes in the Reptile area. It's made by a company called Kritterz. I checked before I put it in the water to make sure it was safe for aquariums (because some of the reptile stuff is not). All their resin products are aquarium safe. Anyway, thanks. I was looking for something for the clown loaches and catfish to hide/play in. All the aquarium stuff just looks cheesy to me. The stump looks pretty real especially after a little algae grows in the cracks. They have some pretty cool ones on the Petco website.

racingjason

Big Fish Tank..Small Fish Knowledge
Feb 7, 2005
JosephMCorbett said:
I got it at Petco. They have all types and sizes in the Reptile area. It's made by a company called Kritterz. I checked before I put it in the water to make sure it was safe for aquariums (because some of the reptile stuff is not). All their resin products are aquarium safe. Anyway, thanks. I was looking for something for the clown loaches and catfish to hide/play in. All the aquarium stuff just looks cheesy to me. The stump looks pretty real especially after a little algae grows in the cracks. They have some pretty cool ones on the Petco website.

Thanks!

JosephMCorbett

AC Members
Feb 7, 2005
Northern California
Finally! You do not want to know what I had to go through to get the canopy. My LFS was kind enough to give me the canopy at their cost because of the 2 month delay. As promised, some pics. of the finished tank with canopy...I absolutely love it. My first thought with the tank being next to the table was it was like a restaurant...."I'll have the Anglefish and one snail". Just kidding.

aquarium331x498.jpg aquarium547x364.jpg

JosephMCorbett

AC Members
Feb 7, 2005
Northern California
Thanks guys for the great comments!
Shekoi, the tank is 72LX18WX20H. The room is about 13f along the wall the tank is on. 6f for the tank, around 2f for the wine rack, 3f for the doorway, and 2f for the partial wall. So really, the wall the tank is on is 8f. The wall that is at a right angle to the tank is around 9f. The house is pretty small and everything I have in it is large.
N8DOGG, after the canopy was on for a week, my wife and I removed it for my weekly maintenance (it takes two). She said "wow, that looks so crappy now". It was hard to believe, because we were happy with it before. The canopy just finishes it off and gives it a built-in look - just a solid piece of furnature with a water column in the middle. Not seeing the lights, cables, plumbing, and water level made a huge difference. Also, the canopy has made a big difference on the temperature. The heat stays in the tank better, the heaters don't work so hard, and there isn't as big of a temp. fluctuation at night when the lights are off. Working on the Clown pics.

iamchris

AC Members
Jan 13, 2005
JosephMCorbett said:
Finally! You do not want to know what I had to go through to get the canopy. My LFS was kind enough to give me the canopy at their cost because of the 2 month delay. As promised, some pics. of the finished tank with canopy...I absolutely love it. My first thought with the tank being next to the table was it was like a restaurant...."I'll have the Anglefish and one snail". Just kidding.
:bowing: :bowing: :bowing: :bowing: wow that is absolutely beautiful...i wish i could put that in my dorm room :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store