New plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Nice! Glad they made it ok. That java fern propagates pretty well for me so I'm sure it will fill in quickly for you.

Reactions: DaisyTattoo

DaisyTattoo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2006
Illinois
Husband is laughing at the angels grabbing the moss and shaking it like dogs and pulling it off my tree lol!

It is so much better! I can’t believe how much you fit in that envelope!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
If you have trouble with it staying put, superglue gel is a great tool. A few dabs on the rhizome, hold it in place on the wood or rock for 10 sec or so and it should stick. It even cures under water. I used to use it all the time for sticking coral frags to liverock, and it works well for plants to wood as well. Just brush off the spot where you want to stick it first to get off any algae or detritus that may have gathered.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
if you use superglue, just remember that it will be white once cured.. you can attach sand/broken wood, or crushed substrate (if soft enough) to is to hide it.

alternatively you can tie it with thread and it will attach over time... it might attach if wrapped, but keeping it tight to the wood will help that.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I've never actually super glued plants, only tied them with thread or wedged them between wood or rocks until they attach. Dougall has a good point from experience, no one likes white globs all over.

Reactions: dougall
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store