New project: Seagrass/Seahorse tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
After asking around a bit, it seems like Mr Spike is getting a little thin. Apparently he should be more rounded between the ribs. Mrs Spike is a pig at feeding time, but he's more finicky, so I'm going to try hikari mysis (smaller than PE) and maybe a turkey baster.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
I agree with Dirk, Mo..... Keep this thread going with your updates. I love following through the progress.
Good luck with Mr. Spike... hope he comes around to fattening up.

rayjay

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
www.angelfire.com
Hopefully your horses aren't as pickey as mine are. The Hikari mysis aren't all as well formed as the PE so the horses only eat about 10-15% and I have to vac out the remainder.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Thanks all. Glad to hear people are finding it useful.

rayjay said:
Hopefully your horses aren't as pickey as mine are. The Hikari mysis aren't all as well formed as the PE so the horses only eat about 10-15% and I have to vac out the remainder.
I hope so too. SOunds like a pain.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Well, the male seems to like the HIkari a lot more than PE. Last night and this morning, he was very excited when he saw the shrimp drifiting down the feeding tube, and was even faster to snick than Mrs Spike.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store