New project: Seagrass/Seahorse tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Swimfins

This is as good as it gets.
Those blue eyes are piercing. My mermaid fern got cyano covered and I just fresh water dipped it, shook it a bit in the water and it was ok afterward until my blenny decided to eat it. Might give that a try.
who's the Q T in the avatar? ;)

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Swimfins said:
Those blue eyes are piercing. My mermaid fern got cyano covered and I just fresh water dipped it, shook it a bit in the water and it was ok afterward until my blenny decided to eat it. Might give that a try.
who's the Q T in the avatar? ;)
I have just been vacuuming the diatoms off during water changes for the moment. The plants and corals don't seem to be suffering, and it's slowly going away as the plants take over and I get the chemistry into better balance.
That guy is me, a snotnosed first year grad student, 20 years ago. A reminder of when my joints didn't ache.

VWD

Big Smelly Fish
Mar 2, 2006
wichita KS
Very nice tread. I have a 37 gallon tank set up for H.riedi. They have been doing very well. Bear Bottom with live rock and macro algae. I have a air drien red sea skimmer that I use and a power head. thats all I use. When the babie come along I cut the PH and skimmer. The first batch I lost in about 5 days, then the 2nd I keep some for 13 days, The food just did not keep them. I did pull them out and place in bowl to keep the water movement in a circular motion. I hope to be ready for the next batch. I will try to fine pictures , Don't want to hi jack this tread with my stuff. But here is an early picture.

This was done in an old piece of funiture from the 40's. It looks alot bet now. As this was last summer.

Last edited:

VWD

Big Smelly Fish
Mar 2, 2006
wichita KS
I will try to get a more recent picture. But here is how I was trying to keep the last batch of fry.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Great looking reidi. How long have you had them.

From what I understand, reidi fry need green water and rotifers. What have you been trying to feed?

VWD

Big Smelly Fish
Mar 2, 2006
wichita KS
I have had them for about 6 months. I was feeding BBS, Not working , I am working now on the green watertank and rots. I have more tanks, reefs and triggers but the ponies are my main focus. I really enjoy them. I will keep trying to work it out and raise them. We are doing a room to raise them and some clowns. Thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store