"No spill" Water changer?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LongTime

AC Members
May 10, 2004
Florissant, MO
Visit site
I don't have that problem any more, but when I did have chlorine and etc in my water I would add the water slowly to the tank. I would direct the output toward a side of the aquarium away from the fish and add my dechlor on the same side.

I never had any problem.

RTR

AC Members
Oct 5, 1998
Braddock Heights, MD
LongTime - I do agree that there must be some variation with relative heights between tank and the suction device at the tap. My hose length is constant, so as long as it is not crimped that is constant. Vacuuming the floor level tanks is slower than the top tier tanks - which comes as no shock to me, but I assume it averages out as the tap is just barely lower than the top of the middle tier of tanks.

I would suspect their tests were done at zero head either way, and have not gotten any response asking for more clarification on test conditions.

OxyBomb

AC Members
Mar 16, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by LongTime
I don't have that problem any more, but when I did have chlorine and etc in my water I would add the water slowly to the tank. I would direct the output toward a side of the aquarium away from the fish and add my dechlor on the same side.

I never had any problem.
Thats a good idea, I never thought of that. I have not had to worry about that yet. I have well water here, but used to live in a big city with lots of chlorine in the water. probly gona move back and I wanna get one, so thanks for the good idea.

falcon

AC Members
Dec 16, 2003
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Wasted water? I don't waste any water when using the Python. Ok, maybe 1/2 gallon when changing 50% of my 120g tank just to get the suction going. The key is to have the faucet much lower than the tank. I have my tank in the family room and the faucet is maybe five feet lower in the powder room. Just turn the faucet on for a few seconds to get the suction going. My hose is about 45' and I get pretty good suction.

falcon

LongTime

AC Members
May 10, 2004
Florissant, MO
Visit site
Originally posted by falcon
The key is to have the faucet much lower than the tank. I have my tank in the family room and the faucet is maybe five feet lower in the powder room.
falcon
I do not have that option.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store