Ogre's Tank - almost here

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
great looking tank - very sharp.

lets see the pics as you get it going !

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
Full

DSC01468.JPG

Added Prime. I'll wait until tomorrow for the water to settle and then start up the pump. I got a great deal on the xP3. Cost at Shop $179.99. Cost after internet search and AC advice $74.99.

Plants and bio-loaded filter pack will come in Monday and 3 Zebra danios on Wednesday (or there abouts). 4 Neon Tetras will come in by Saturday May 26th.

After that... more Zebras (long-fin probably), more Neons, and some cool Cory cats.

DSC01468.JPG

OgreMkV

Father of Earth's Next Emperor
Apr 26, 2007
Port Arthur, TX
ogremkv.wordpress.com
I have fishes. Yay me.

4 Neons and 3 Zebra Danios have joined the tank. It's still kind of bare, but it's getting there. They seem so happy in their giant new home. I'd post a picture, but I'd like to wait until it's a little more interesting.

The tank took about 4 days to cycle. I had some help in the form of a filter from the established tank that these 7 fish were already in. Still doing water checks though.

The temperature is still vexing me. It's 72 in the house. The Stealth is set at 68 and the water temp is 79. Is there such a thing as a too powerful heater? 79 is within the range for the fish I want... barely. We'll just have to live with it.

My cats are already enjoying their new 'TV' too.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
It may be still losing heat from the fill up depending on the temp of the water you used. Also some heat may be being added by the filter. Some of my tanks can maintain temp at times just do to residual powerhead heat.

Nice looking tank you got.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

(there is a large piece of debri floating near the surface...you should be able to net it out)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store