oh boy what have i done!!!! new tank and stocking help!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
well i now have new tank, just finished setting up my 20L. basically i transplanted one of my 10s into the tank. i rinsed the new gravel 1st and put it on the bottom then put the old gravel from the 10 on top, i then moved my filter directly from the 10 into the 20 and set up another filter on the other side. i filled up the tank with water and replanted my crypts and moved my driftwood in. i then assembled the glass hood and put the light on top. then floated the fish and shrimp in the new tank for an hr. i introduced them and everything seems to be going fine.
the tank is not completed tho. i will upgrade to a new light later this week when i get paid. also im gonna upgrade the heater asap. the one i have is rated for 15g but until i get this i will just keep the temps up in the house. i meant to buy one but walmart was out of the bigger size and the one at petsmart was very expensive. walmart said they would have more in monday so if i cant get it by then i will go pay extra at petsmart.
so far the only fish in the tank are 1 gold gourami( still 1.5 inches) , 1 wierd platy? i got for free off craigslist and 7 or so ghost shrimp. i will keep an eye on the params and do water changes and use amquel if needed . although i dont think i will need to so long as i dont add fish too fast.
so now im wondering what else i can keep in here and if i should take the golden gourami back since i was planning on a bigger tank for him but this was just simpler to accomplish. id like to get a pleco of some kind. which ones would work in a 20 long?
also what else should i put in it?
here are pics of the tank before the fish went in.

DSCF0580.JPG DSCF0578.JPG DSCF0579.JPG DSCF0581.JPG

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Wouldn't keep the gourami in there long term so if you want to go a different direction with the tank then it may be better to take it back...

As for a pleco, BNs (Ancistrus spp.) and bulldogs (some Chaetostoma spp.) should work in a 20L.

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
ok i will trade him in soon then. so idk what direction to take the tank now. what can i have now that i have a 20l that i couldnt keep in a 10?

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
BN plecos do just fine in a 20g long. Plenty of room for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store