old dog needs new LED tricks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
It sounds like the light works fine though ;)

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I did plug it into a timer to see what happens tonight & more importantly, tomorrow. The problem is it doesn't "wake up" the same every time. Heavy vs lighter fingered button pushing? Maybe it's a cheap LED thing...

Fingers crossed for white factory settings, not moon blue.
That is odd, although I don't have any experience with Nicrew. I know on my older current satellite 48" strip light, it came with a remote allowing you to change colors, intensity, patterns, etc. I kept it plugged into an old school mechanical lamp timer. The light would always power up to what I had it previously set to. I never really played with it. Set it and forget it kind of thing.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, 2 days on the timer & it seems to wake up in the happy factory setting I like (mixed white/red/blue lights). I don't know why we had "moonlighting" sometimes in manual mode. I say it's likely users' error by both of us...a learnering curve? All good now!

Reactions: FreshyFresh

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
OK, I'm good with these lights now after several months (TY Noodlecats & all who helped with timer & LED setting issues, FF & dougall). I will order them again since, well, my next oldest PC light is dying. I bet this next light goes smoother thanks to all your help & my bit of experience with them now. I never have "xmas" or "disco" light issues reflecting off the water surface unless the water level is very low...or the duckweed is "very thin", a rare thing, lol, a constant battle in 2 tanks.

Reactions: dougall
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store