omgs co2 system = $$$

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

simbadda

(''>)>
May 30, 2004
Mississauga, ON, CA
www.apoconline.net
I've been reading articles and threads on different types of co2 systems, and decided to take the next step by going to my LFS to investigate the products surrounding it. 5 minutes after I arrive, I have some guy trying to sell me a 1200 dollar co2 system. :eek:

So it's safe to say I'm holding off on that idea until I research some more and find the most cost effective way. :p

falcon

AC Members
Dec 16, 2003
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I see you're in Canada too. I got my Milwaukee controller from US for $80USD, JBL regulator with bubble counter for about the same from US, aluminum co2 tank from wine making store, co2 tubing from a company in Quebec(50') - lots left over. AquaMedic reactor 1000 from big al's 100CAD. I think the whole setup cost me around $500CAD - not cheap.

falcon

superjohnny

AC Members
Dec 18, 2002
Sol
I got my Milwuakee regulator, needle valve, bubble counter & solenoid for ~$75 online and a new filled aluminum 10# tank for ~$60. Cost less than $150 total. The LFS is the LAST place to buy this stuff. Their markup is crazy. Home brew Beer & Wine shops, distributors & welding shops are your friend.

falcon

AC Members
Dec 16, 2003
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
All the time as it's close to my work. But I prefer the one in Brampton. Don't like the people in Mississauga store and had a bad experience with them. I got an impression that all they care about is making the sale. For fish selection, they're better than the one in Brampton but on average I lost more fish from them within a week of buying than the one in Brampton.

If you need any help with setup or the system, no problem-can help. Also, I can give you a couple feet of the tubing if you can't find any as I didn’t find any locally. Let me know. If you haven't bought your equipment yet, I can show you few sources.

We Canadians are not so lucky. We can save a lot of money if we get aquarium supplies in US (on average, we pay 40% more here after conversion). The problem is duties. If you can ship it to relatives and pick it up later, you can save quite a bit. For example, the Milwaukee controller cost me around $80USD or so and I paid almost $40CAD in GST and duties.

falcon

simbadda

(''>)>
May 30, 2004
Mississauga, ON, CA
www.apoconline.net
Superjoynny - lol not for long, they're re-working the system so we have to pay for a lot more services then we did before.

Falcon - It was big al's who told me the price, wasn't going to buy my stuff there anyways..because I know they over price. I should also look to drop by the one in brampton...or maybe the new one opening in oakville I heard it was going to be awesome.

Skippy

Grand Poobah of Fun
Aug 22, 2000
Dallas, TX
web.of.slacking.net
Check out www.aquabid.com , I just got a regulator with bubble counter and solenoid there for a really nice price, ($70 if i'm remembering right)

If you have a BOC Gasses in your town look them up for the tank and such. Or any wending supply shop should be able to point you in the direction of a good C02 source.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store