One of My clowns passed away a few weeks ago :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
At the risk of being wrong twice in the same day in the same thread I'm going to say Ocellaris :)

Is the one pictured the one that you lost? Can't really see the other one but I am going to continue my overconfidence and guess the pictured one was the male. If so I would get a small Occ. out of acommunity tank and you should be fine. Even in this situation you may see some chasing and aggression displays but not all-out death matches!

When I lost my male I did not replace him for months and when I did my female chased her new bo all over. Funny thing was she was never aggressive at all. She was chasing him because she was so happy. After about 5 minutes they were literally doing the clown dance in the corner of the tank. It was very cool.

Last edited:

kahlua

AC Members
Feb 11, 2010
haha awesome I cant wait!! I went yesterday to look they just got a huge shipment in!! Umm they were pretty close in size so I wonder if maybe thats why we lost one they pretty much grew identical you know I seen one doing the little vibrate thing so maybe that was the male. But they literally look identical so Im not 100% sure which was the female.

I was wondering if I should wait more it has been a little but I have no idea how old the clown was when I got it!! But I want to see the my clown happy to you know!

Sweet so thats one story of success!! What type of clowns do you have Greech?

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I have a pair of Black & White ocellaris. Buying two juveniles that were the same size from a community tank should have been fine. One would have become dominant and turned female. Shaking, etc. is normal even in an established pair. The longer you wait the more likely yours will be a female and buying a small one (again from a community tank) should work out just fine. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store