Overloading on purpose

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
B

BigFishDude

just an opinion, but kuhli loaches aren't as interesting as they seem. Mine just hide all the time.

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
Nice looking tank so far!! Gorgeous as it's apparently going to be, remember that the large piece of wood is going do displace a lot of room. You may actually be dealing with a net capacity of 7 gallons or so. Beautiful design; where did you get your ideas? I can imagine what it will look like planted. I'm seeing neons swimming in there ...

-- P at

Sting

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
www.picturetrail.com
Haha, I just added a ton of plants today, and OMG it looks so amazing, I am astounded. My whole family just sat in my room looking at my tank for like 10 minutes, and we don't even have fish yet!!! It's funny, LOL. Thanks for helping me you guys, I am looking forward to when my tank is fully sotcked! BTW, CichlidWoman thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's hollow, does that make any difference? Yousee the piece is actually a ceramic piece from TopFin I bought. Dang, I'll have pictures reall soon, it looks good now, I just can't wait for when the plants fill in. There's this one place I can't reach in the tank to plant, so I have to hold out until plants grow there! :D

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
Hi, Sting,

You know, that is an interesting question--whether it makes a difference that the ceramic piece is hollow.

For purposes of fish room, the fish probably won't care, they'll still have to swim around it (don't take it out, though!! It's gorgeous).

For purposes of water quality, maybe it does matter--the water inside that thing would be available to mix with, and dilute harmful substances along with, the rest of the tank water?

I don't know! Anyone?

-- Pat

Sting

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
www.picturetrail.com
Well actually, I mean, it is figured in the way that the fish can swim under it like mangrove roots or something, and it has a hole in the bottom of it, and there is a hole on the side of it that is made to look like a real hole, and the on the top it doesn't close, it's completely open, so the fish can swim in it, that's what I mean. The reason I bought this piece of driftwood, as opposed to other pieces (not only that I love it) is the fact that others have tiny holes that allow water to come in, but are just a little too big that fish would get stuck in them trying to go through, but wouldn't be able to get all the way through, and get stuck.These holes are big, and the inside is made that the fish can't go down into the branching tangents, but it's hollowed out so it has a good swimming space. So basically I'm not worried about fish getting stuck in there, that was the overall goal when I was looking for the driftwood, and for 10$ it was a steal! What cool, is I was planning to ahve some glossostigma under it as a carpet under the roots to look really cool, but not enough light get's under it, so that's the main problem, I think I scratched that idea basically. Pictures tomorrow!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store