PALDARIUM VIVARIUM I'M UNSURE BUT I THINK YOU'LL LIKE

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
sorry to be so rude, but....

How many K did that costya?!?![/quote

Not as much as you may think i added it up a while back with tank ,co2, home made stand, lights ,plants and fish i figured about 3,000 now compare that to a reef tank of simular size and quility in appearance and i bet your talking 10,000 or more

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
UPDATE
I bought some Hc FROM A post and well they had hair algea which went wild in my tank. never agin will i just add anything without a stay in a hospital tank first and a bleech dip. Frustrating to have all the work go down the tubes from one purchace. ANY WAYS starting over i guess you could say i'm trying to join the band wagon as they say and trying the EI dosing. But so far the recomended amounts are way low for me the water fall area i believe is sucking up the nutrients as fast as they enter the tank. so i have doubled the amounts except for phosphates thats in abundance from the tap water. the hair is still there but in small quantities i pull out a little when i find it. also added new lights to see what metal halides could do but it seems i bought the wrong bulbs ADA green hqi green. now the tank and wall look like two seperate areas. that wonts do so i'm looking for sugestions for bulbs in the white to white yellow range anyone have any preferances?

DSC_0025.JPG 003.jpg

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
first pic above is ada 8000k 150 watt metal halide green second pic is ada green with Glow 39watt 5700k floresant and this pic here is the newest bulbs being ada 8000k standard 150watt

fish2-8-08 065.JPG

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Still fighting hair algae light down to 4 hours a day with the 300 watt halides. seems the hair is dominate to only a couple plants HC and rotala walachi. The hc is growing well but it seems to just love the stuff not to mention this is the plant that i unintentionally introduced the hair with to my tank. going to rip it out all the plants and bleech them all. 19:1 ratio is what im finding to be the most common method for 2 minutes then give them a good dose of light and ferts and probably a 3 day blackout. i want this stuff gone.

also i have a question for the terarium folks what is the ratio for HCL i have some mold/ fugus it's black growing on the falls but only in very low water concentration areas.

Gbbudd

AC Members
Feb 16, 2007
Update: i'm still trying to ballance out the back of the new setup i feel im getting there only have a couple weeks left to the ada compition i placed 148 last year want to see if it was a fluke or not but here the updated pic of the second setup

DSC_0150.JPG

Easydoesit

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
Taxachusetts
sweet. ive seen your tank googling vivarium or paludarium, cant remember which 1.
good luck w the ADA competition.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
Wow... I'd be thrilled to have a tank 10% as beautiful as yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store