Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. We Have a NEW CHAT!!!!
    Dismiss Notice

Peppered corys and friends

Discussion in 'Freshwater Bottom Dwellers' started by NorCichlidae, Oct 6, 2016.

1. NorCichlidae

NorCichlidae AC Members

Oct 9, 2016
    Hi,

I have two of what I think is peppered corys. I got them from a friend who had no clue as to what they are, so I'm just doing a bit of a guestemate based on their markings and size. The one is pretty big, at lest 2 inches, maybe 2,5.

However I will get them som cory friends. I'd prefer the same species of course, but if I cannot get a hold of them, is there any particular species that would be better than others? I'll go for one of a smiliar size for sure, for several reasons.

2. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Monday at 12:38 AM
    Jessica
    Corys do like to be with more of their own kind, so the more corys the better.
    The "Pepper Corys (corydoras paleatus) is one of the more common of corys, so it is hard to say that you cannot find more of them. That being said, if you would like other corys of the aprox same size= others that will be OK are, Julii, Panda, Bronze (Aeneus), ect.

3. NorCichlidae

NorCichlidae AC Members

Oct 9, 2016
    I'd love to get my hands on more of the peppered. So far after browsing a couple of retailers I haven't found any. Found corys in plenty, and more than one species as well, but no peppered. I don't need them right away though. I like both the julii and the panda so they are certainly on the alternative list. I also find the arcuatus pretty nice. I've seen julii and arcuatus for sale recently.

4. Octavarium

Octavarium Ambassador to Cephalopods

Erik
    Dec 5, 2016
    Erik
    I have 8 Venezuelan Pygmy Corys or Salt and Pepper Corys. Small little guys, but I love them. Like lil peppered coryes, they def are awesome in groups. Not just bottom dwellers either, open water and highly active and funny to watch in groups. Keep looking they should pop up eventually and you can get more!

5. fishorama

fishorama AC Members

Today at 12:47 AM
    I'd wait to find more paleatus corys, they're so much more fun in a bigger group of the same species. They're pretty common no matter where you live. What size is your tank? Are you in the US?

Bren Murphy likes this.