Peppered corys and friends

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NorCichlidae

AC Members
Oct 5, 2016
Hi,

I have two of what I think is peppered corys. I got them from a friend who had no clue as to what they are, so I'm just doing a bit of a guestemate based on their markings and size. The one is pretty big, at lest 2 inches, maybe 2,5.

However I will get them som cory friends. I'd prefer the same species of course, but if I cannot get a hold of them, is there any particular species that would be better than others? I'll go for one of a smiliar size for sure, for several reasons.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Corys do like to be with more of their own kind, so the more corys the better.
The "Pepper Corys (corydoras paleatus) is one of the more common of corys, so it is hard to say that you cannot find more of them. That being said, if you would like other corys of the aprox same size= others that will be OK are, Julii, Panda, Bronze (Aeneus), ect.

NorCichlidae

AC Members
Oct 5, 2016
I'd love to get my hands on more of the peppered. So far after browsing a couple of retailers I haven't found any. Found corys in plenty, and more than one species as well, but no peppered. I don't need them right away though. I like both the julii and the panda so they are certainly on the alternative list. I also find the arcuatus pretty nice. I've seen julii and arcuatus for sale recently.

Octavarium

Ambassador to Cephalopods
Mar 2, 2005
East Haven, CT
Real Name
Erik
I have 8 Venezuelan Pygmy Corys or Salt and Pepper Corys. Small little guys, but I love them. Like lil peppered coryes, they def are awesome in groups. Not just bottom dwellers either, open water and highly active and funny to watch in groups. Keep looking they should pop up eventually and you can get more!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'd wait to find more paleatus corys, they're so much more fun in a bigger group of the same species. They're pretty common no matter where you live. What size is your tank? Are you in the US?

Reactions: Bren Murphy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store