Petsmart Guy Was Wrong. What now?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Arembjorn

AC Members
Sep 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
I really wish people working at pet stores, giving advice, were actually knowledgeable :p

P.S.
Petsmart was (and maybe still is) selling aquababies, so I guess I can't really expect much intelligence from them ;-)

Prohibit

AC Members
Sep 29, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Real Name
Ray
So I just went back to PetSmart and bought some goodies ($200 worth) for the 40 gallon. Bought a new filter because the one I currently have touches the bottom of the tank (which I can only imagine is not a good thing).

Carch: We have decided to get a betta for it, as far as the frog goes - do you think I would have a problem with it getting out since there is no lid on it?

aussie: It's alright, the last one to die was kind of a jerk anyway.

rainbowcharmer: Yeah it's a shame getting a different story every time you go. I'll definitely be asking my questions on here from now on. Everyone seems extremely knowledgeable AND nice. I run a vBulletin forum myself so I seem to be active on the ones I join.

Danny-O: I did skim through it, but I will probably have the girlfriend read it as her memory is incredible! :hypnotized:

RodInCALIFORNIA: So the guide said :D

Arembjorn: Lol, that seems pretty bad.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
one small thing with that little fluval tank - make a lid of sorts for it, especially if you decide on a betta for it. bettas can and will jump!

Prohibit

AC Members
Sep 29, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Real Name
Ray
one small thing with that little fluval tank - make a lid of sorts for it, especially if you decide on a betta for it. bettas can and will jump!
That sucks, i'm not exactly good at "making" lids hah. Hopefully I can come up with something.

---

Last edited:

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
places like Lowes or Home Depot should have plexiglass, and they would probably be able to cut it to your dimensions for a small fee. just make sure you have uber correct dimensions!

Prohibit

AC Members
Sep 29, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Real Name
Ray
places like Lowes or Home Depot should have plexiglass, and they would probably be able to cut it to your dimensions for a small fee. just make sure you have uber correct dimensions!
That's extremely nice to know. How would I feed them though? Can they like cut a door? Or would i just pull it out? I need to get one made for my 40 gallon as well.

Oops, forgot to say thanks :bowing:

---

Last edited:

BettaFishMommy

Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if your 40 gal is a standard size tank you should be able to find glass lids for it at places like Petco, Petsmart, etc. glass lids can either be hinged or they can slide open. i recommend the hinged ones.

as for the custom fluval tank lid, it'd be easy enough to lift up one corner of the lid when you are feeding, you don't really need a door in it. just get it cut to sit on the top edges of the tank so it looks nice and doesn't overhang.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I wish people read more before they jumped into aquaria...and what do you mean by suckerfish? Pleco?

Prohibit

AC Members
Sep 29, 2010
Oklahoma City, OK
Real Name
Ray
I wish people read more before they jumped into aquaria...and what do you mean by suckerfish? Pleco?
Freshwater Newbie Forum (43 Viewing)
This forum is for those who are just starting out with their new fresh water aquarium. Remember, the only bad questions are the ones not asked.
Hmm.... :thumbsdown:

---

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store