Pics And Info On My Cichlids. Picture Heavy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok its been awhile but here are some updated pictures of my Oscar in his new home. No longer in the 22gal tub he now lives in a 53gal tank dimensions are 48x16x16. First 2 days he was in a slump so I pretty much left him alone but now he is being active again and so decided to take pictures but it was a pain since he does not stay still.

October 20th, 2010

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
September 23rd, 2010

Notice how in the above picture that its pectoral fin is broken. The broken piece fell off on its own about a week later.

September 28th, 2010

October 20th, 2010

Now notice in the photo above how the pectoral fin has completely healed. You can't tell that it was ever damaged.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok these pics are all of my smaller Rhino Pleco (Pterygoplichthys schrophus) my bigger one tends to stay hidden alot more which is kinda sad since it is a nice looking pleco as well.

JBarbaresi

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Goode, VA
how big are your gibbys now? its crazy how easily fish can regenerate like that. love the p. scrophus also.

make sure you get your oscar a nice variety of foods if you are going to continue with the hikari pellets. try him with frozen peas, night crawlers, krill, etc... if you want to avoid the hassle and still make sure they get all the nutrition they need so as to avoid HITH you can just feed NLS pellets which have pretty much everything they need to stay healthy and colorful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store