Pics And Info On My Cichlids. Picture Heavy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Great Pictures dude.
Thanks =-)

how big are your gibbys now? its crazy how easily fish can regenerate like that. love the p. scrophus also.

make sure you get your oscar a nice variety of foods if you are going to continue with the hikari pellets. try him with frozen peas, night crawlers, krill, etc... if you want to avoid the hassle and still make sure they get all the nutrition they need so as to avoid HITH you can just feed NLS pellets which have pretty much everything they need to stay healthy and colorful.
Gibbys are a bit bigger but not much then when I first got them but then I havent had them that long only a month and the regular gibby had him bout 2 months I think but he was small when I got him. Oh and yeah they heal fast most of the time.

My Oscar eats hikari and zuchini which I found out due to his poo being weird. Was gonna ask you. Which NLS pellets you feed your Oscar and which to your gibby and josel???

Ok some pics of my josel's. (Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus)

Adult

Baby

JBarbaresi

AC Members
Sep 19, 2010
Goode, VA
my 4" plecos are eating the medium sized sinking NLS pellets. my oscar eats the XL sized pellets but as soon as this jar is out i may try the mega formula. for your oscar you should probably go with the jumbo size which are floating pellets and i think about the same size as medium hikari pellets. all of the NLS sizes are the same formula of ingredients, some are floating and some are sinking so just visit the NLS website to figure out which one you want to go with. i honestly don't think you can beat their food, and it may be a little more money up front but it pays off in the long run because you don't have to feed them as much. i have a 375g jar of the XL and it has lasted me almost an entire year and my oscar eats about 8-10 per day. also, petco is now carrying a lot of the different NLS formulas so i dont' have to pay shipping from petsolutions or bigalsonline anymore.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
my 4" plecos are eating the medium sized sinking NLS pellets. my oscar eats the XL sized pellets but as soon as this jar is out i may try the mega formula. for your oscar you should probably go with the jumbo size which are floating pellets and i think about the same size as medium hikari pellets. all of the NLS sizes are the same formula of ingredients, some are floating and some are sinking so just visit the NLS website to figure out which one you want to go with. i honestly don't think you can beat their food, and it may be a little more money up front but it pays off in the long run because you don't have to feed them as much. i have a 375g jar of the XL and it has lasted me almost an entire year and my oscar eats about 8-10 per day. also, petco is now carrying a lot of the different NLS formulas so i dont' have to pay shipping from petsolutions or bigalsonline anymore.
ill have to go check it out at petco then.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ok here are my Parachromis loisellei's. Sorry the pictures look hazy but it was bright in my room at the time and is why there are some light glares and reflections as well.

October 20th, 2010
Female

Male

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
My stock list.

135 Gallon 72x18x24
2 Parachromis loisellei’s (Male and Female)
2 Jack Dempsey’s (Male and Female)
2 Silver Dollars
2 Giant Danios
1 Hypostomus sp.

53 Gallon 48x16x16
1 Oscar (About 5-5.5”)
2 Pterygoplichthys schrophus (Both 5.5”)
2 Pterygoplichthys joselimaianus (1 8.5” other 3.5”)
1 Hypostomus sp. (10.5”)

20 High 24x12x16
2 Calico BN Pleco’s (Babies)
2 Albino BN Pleco’s (Babies)
2 L-144 LF BN Pleco’s (Babies)
1 L-144 SF BN Pleco (Female adult)
1 Pterygoplichthys weberi (2-2.5”)
1 L-114 (2-2.5”)
1 L-90 (4-5”)
6 Black Bar Endlers (1 Male 5 Females)
2 Black Banded Sunfish (1-1.5”)

20 High 24x12x16
1 Parachromis motaguense (Male 4”)

My Mom’s 135 Gallon Tank
8 Missouri Longeared Sunfish (1-1.5”)
1 Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps (3.5”)
1 Albino Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps (4”)

Only Fish on this list that arent mine are the 8 Miss Sunfish.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thanks Jimmy lol. My Oscar is getting bigger and colors are not changing much so happy bout that.

Ok well I made the biggest mistake and my fish have paid the price for it. Ok so in my 20gal I had

2 Calico BN babies
2 Albino BN babies
2 L-144 LF BN babies
1 L-114
1 L-90
1 L-144 adult female
1 Ptergoplichthys weberi

That was my pleco list. Now my pleco list is.

1 L-144 adult female
1 Pterygoplichthys weberi

Ok I also had 6 Black Bar Endlers now I got 5 and they dont look so good.

Well I had purchased some fish bout 3 weeks ago and well I put the baby Parachromis sp. La Ceiba's in the tank. Can you say quaratine??? Well I didn't go through the quaratine process I treated the tank and the Parachromis babies cleared off so all is good right? Wrong well they had Ick and despite the Para's being clear the reast of the pleco's caught it and I didn't notice till it was to late. Only 2 surviving pleco's.

What really sucks is that I have a 53gal with my Oscar a small Red Tiger Motaguense and 3 pleco's. Well my biggest pleco which I got from Snookn21 for a good deal but sadly it some how got out and dried up while I was away at work. Not cool so my pleco collection has be slashed by more then half. Lost my Ptergoplichthys gibbiceps to Ick as well and several sunfish babies.

My entire pleco and cichlid stock list is.

20g Under Quaratine
L-144 adult female
Pterygoplichthys weberi baby
5 Parachromis La Ceiba

20G
5 Parachromis freddy's
2 Sub Adult Rhino Pleco's
1 Small L-001

53 gal
Oscar
Small RTM
Adult 8.5" L-001
Adult Hypostomus sp. 7"

135gal
2 Parachromis loisellei's
2 Jack Dempseys
2 Giant Danios

10g Under Quaratine
2 baby silver dollars
6 baby RTM
1 Albino Pterygoplichthys gibbiceps

Mom's tanks
135g
3 baby Tilapia buttikoferi's
1 Tattooed Molly (got it before I could tell her not to)
2 Adult Silver Dollars (Mine)
1 Adult L-001 11.5" part of tail is missing or it would be bigger

5g
2 baby Missouri Longear Sunfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store