Pit Bull hater?? Watch this!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gonefishin

corn-eyed finless brown trout?
Sep 17, 2004
Lake Tahoe
Sensei_the_dojo said:
= regarding the statistics you've quoted, I'd be willing to bet that the numbers for Labs and Jack Russells are higher mostly because they make up a much larger percentage of the population of dogs.
I had thought that , but didn't want to be the one to say it.

About the "trailer trash, druggies" and what not(thought provoking, well written), If we go back to the car analogy..... I can say that a lot of "gangstas" drive '64 impallas, does that mean granny, who has driven this car for 41 years, should have to give it up?

And my god I cannot stop laughing about that uncontrollable tea-cup-poodle....He's got me, oh no what do I do........teehehe :D

Matak

Out of the blue!
Jun 18, 2002
Near Toronto
I dunno about that one Sensei, like Joseph said, Rotties are like Ford SUV's; everywhere. At least they are around these parts.

Josheph, I coudn't agree more. Earlier I tried to say the same thing you just said; it's not the dog, it's the owner. A machismo status symbol for some, if not most. BTW, I'm pretty certain that Labont doesn't fit into this category.

labont865

This is drako, a friend of a friend
Nov 26, 2004
You are evry right about there usual owners Joseph. Hence why I mentioned in one of my earlier posts the idea of a ownership course. I believe that having to be licensed to own a Pit Bull is a very good idea. And their ability is the exact reason why. They are not naturally aggressive towards humans but if and when they are they can do more damage arguably than any other breed of dog. This is why laws should be passed to restrict ownership. But banning is wrong pure and simple.

Sensei: As to the stats of 1.84% of bites being from Pit Bulls and over 3-4% being from the afor-mentioned. You are very right, it very well may have alot to do with poulation but they dont really take that into account when they decide to ban Pit Bulls. Also I dont know if you watched the video or not but in it there was a study mentioned where they used approx. 100 Breeds of dogs, and going by capita Pit bulls some in 96th likeliest dogs you will be attacked by out of 100. Meaning there are 95 breeds you are more likely to be attacked by. Again this is going by capita and averages, so actual population is accounted for in this test.

labont865

Nov 26, 2004
gonefishin said:
I thought there would be more heat in that response Lab, very diplomatic of you. I'm just wondering when there will be a ban on SUVs because SOME of thier owners don't know how to drive them, or why there isn't an outright ban on cars due to irresponsible drivers. One bad apple spoils the whole barrel, right?

Thanks, I try to be as nice as I can. I mean I have respect for everybodies opinions and even if I dont agree with them they are just as valid as my own. I do get abgry if people start to give info they cant back up, or if they try to force their opinion on myself and others and even more so if I know it is wrong. But nobody here is guilty of that. Everybody here is merely stating opinions and nobody is being rude, so I have no reason to be rude back. I will however gladly discuss anybodies opinion, And I will definatley try to respect it as best I can.

As for the Banning SUVs comment. I am not too sure if it was meant as sarcasm towards me or whether it was serious. I will just respond as if it was serious though. I do think that in reality it may seem like a dumb comparison. Which granted it very well may be. But it isnt a comparison of what is being banned it is a comparison of the principle of banning things. Exsactly as gonefishin I think was aiming at, you cannot punish everyone for the irrisponsible actions of few. Its like saying all black people are criminals simply because in many areas they commit more crime than any other race. Is this true? NO! You cant generalize like that! There are more decent black people than there are bad black people, but we dont throw all of them in jail because of it, do we??
Banning Pit Bulls is an extreme measure that should not be used until every other measure has at least been attempted.

I apoligize to anybody I may have offended with my comments in this post, as it was not my intention to single out the black community, and was by no means meant to be-little them or sound racist in any way.

labont865

Nov 26, 2004
Now if there was a point I didnt touch base on, or a question or comment I missed please let me know. I was electricuted earlier today and I think I am still a little stunned LOL!!!!

gonefishin

corn-eyed finless brown trout?
Sep 17, 2004
Lake Tahoe
Are you ok? I know it hurts.....I got a good one a week ago. Shocked by a busted light bulb, then cut by the glass. I was being sarcastic, but in good fun:))), and not towards you. And I think little old lady from passadina looks so cute in her "shinny red super stock dodge" (I know I used the 64 impalla, but "giddy up 409" didn't quite fit, beach boys none the less)

Last edited:

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
gonefishin said:
I thought there would be more heat in that response Lab, very diplomatic of you. I'm just wondering when there will be a ban on SUVs because SOME of thier owners don't know how to drive them, or why there isn't an outright ban on cars due to irresponsible drivers. One bad apple spoils the whole barrel, right?

Wrong. Stupid comparison. While I do agree that there are horrible drivers out there, there are cops that do (or shou do) their best in making sure we drive well. We can drive ONCE we have our lisence, which we can only get after having passed a test, which would mean we are capable of driving.

On the other hand, if some guy wants to purchase this dog, which CAN, (but doesn't have to be) a killer, and he decides he's gonna tie it up all day, beat it, and dress it up in chains and spikes, he can do so with no problem... What happens if this guy lives around the same area you do, and you don't even know he's there, and somehow the dog runs loose... then what?

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
cheech said:
On the other hand, if some guy wants to purchase this dog, which CAN, (but doesn't have to be) a killer, and he decides he's gonna tie it up all day, beat it, and dress it up in chains and spikes, he can do so with no problem... What happens if this guy lives around the same area you do, and you don't even know he's there, and somehow the dog runs loose... then what?
Ah, so the better comparison would be because the parents of Jeffrey Darhmer, Ted Bundy, Adolf Hitler, etc. raised murdering monsters, children should be outlawed ;)

Harlock

Educated Idiot
Dec 15, 2004
San Angelo, TX
members.cox.net
tomm10 said:
Ah, so the better comparison would be because the parents of Jeffrey Darhmer, Ted Bundy, Adolf Hitler, etc. raised murdering monsters, children should be outlawed ;)
Uh oh. I have to invoke Godwin's Law now, Sorry. This discussion is over.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store