Planted 20 Gallon Tall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I haven't added fish yet. Just waiting the cycle out. I'll put the Betta in my betta bowl, until I have the PH right, and the Nitrogen cycle is complete.
My plan is a Betta, and just maybe a 5 Platies, and 3 Otto's. No more in the 20 gallon. The Species Fish is the Betta, but action is provided by the Platies. Otto's can be added much later. I just have to make sure the PH and kH is in a similar range. API Quick Start can help with this, although I'd like to let it RUN for a week or so first, before adding the Betta

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Please dont out the betta in the bowl, the bowl will have improper filtration and he is most likely to die or get sick and don’t change the pH with anything as this will cause flucuations and fish can and will adapt. API Quick Start is ineffective as it contains bacteria converting nitrite to nitrate. Tetra safe start is recommended (i dont recommend it) and dr tim’s.

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Humm, well it's either the tank, or the bowl. I have little choice at this point....:eek: I guess it's off to Pet@Fart......

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
When he arrives just put him in the well filtered tank with other fish you want and do fish in cycle with daily 50% water changes and you will be fine. For dechlorinator to keep fishes safer during cycling use Seachems Prime as it will detoxify nitrite, ammonia and nitrate for 24hrs. And make sure to test water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I did a fish in cycle for my 20 long, I just added fluval biological bacteria to the tank and did water changes. plants help cycle the tank and keeps levels low if you have enough.
On tetra safe bottle the instruction says no to do water changes after adding that bottle to the tank as if they wanted to kill your fish xD.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store