Please Help diagnose problem with Yellow Tang

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
It's the freshly hatched baby brine that have all the nutritional value, not the adults. When I was raising my Bangaii baby I'd have two hatcheries on the go, one for hatched and one for hatching.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Also have to note that the freshly hatched only have nutritional value for about the 1st 24 hours. After that the egg sack has been consumed and they will need to be gut loaded in order to be anything other than the equivalent of celery.

sosgal721

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Fort Mill, SC
It's the freshly hatched baby brine that have all the nutritional value, not the adults. When I was raising my Bangaii baby I'd have two hatcheries on the go, one for hatched and one for hatching.
That works out then since I still have a lot of eggs left.

You also want decapsulated eggs as the shells cannot be digested by all fish especially small ones.
How do I know? My doesn't say on it, and since it was cheap I'm assuming nothing special was done to it.

BadRoma1

AC Members
Nov 29, 2005
you really just need to get some live brine shrimps so your tang would hopefully eat something. i wouldn't worry about them being beneficial at this time. i don't know the size of your tang, but he possibly won't be interested in tiny newly hatched brine

sosgal721

AC Members
Jul 28, 2007
Fort Mill, SC
To be honest I've never studied mine that closely. I just always buy the decapsulated ones. Just found this link, maybe it'll help http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/FA023
Thanks for the link.

you really just need to get some live brine shrimps so your tang would hopefully eat something. i wouldn't worry about them being beneficial at this time. i don't know the size of your tang, but he possibly won't be interested in tiny newly hatched brine
I got him to eat a formula 2 pellet today, so things are getting better. He is still small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store