Post your favorite summer recipe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
Thanks for all the ideas! I wish it wasn't raining today so I could try one or two of them out :( O'well maybe tomorrow:)

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wrap that asparagus in a nice slice of pancetta and grill that with some garlic and olive oil. I love grilling honeyed bananas and serving them with melted chocolate/caramel and ice cream with toasted coconut on top. Soaking peaches in liquor and grilling them is really nice too. My favorite bbq dish has to be peanut chicken though. Here's what you need:

1.5 - 2lbs skinless chicken breast
1tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 can coconut milk
peanut butter
sweet chili sauce
salt
pepper
2 cloves of garlic minced

Fillet the chicken breasts into thin cutlets. Marinate the cutlets in the cumin, garam masala, garlic, salt and pepper, and enough coconut milk to coat everything. Marinate for at least a few hours before grilling. Basting with the marinade while the cutlets are on the grill definitely helps the final product.

For the sauce, heat the peanut butter over a low heat until it begins to melt. Loosen it up with the coconut milk, and water if necessary. Add the sweet chili sauce to taste. After this, it will probably be necessary to add more water to obtain a good consistency. The sauce keeps really well and is great on toast also. The chicken and sauce also make really good sandwiches with lightly pickled sweet cucumbers.
That sounds delicious! I'm definitely making it. Garam Masala smells so good to.

tjcher

Loach luva
May 10, 2008
Pennsylvania
This is one of my family favorite .
I take a sirlion tip roast for my family i use 8 lbs.
marinade in a honey teriyaki ( KC masterpiece) for as long as possible overnight taste the best.
You will want you grill as hot as you can get it at first.
Sear both sides of the meat sealing in the juices.
depending on the size and how well you want it done,but medium rare takes almost an hour turning every ten minutes.
When done I slice it thin and add it to a salad. or make a gravy and put over egg noodles. What is left we use as a cold cut in sandwiches.

MsPuff

aquaholic
May 28, 2008
Saint John, NB Canada
Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Sounds tasty Tjcher! Thanks Spock! If you want to make the sandwiches, the sweet pickled cucumbers are just sliced fresh cucumbers that you soak in vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar for a few hours.

I posted this sauce with a tuna recipe in another thread, but it goes great with grilled veggies as well. I do everything by taste, so sorry for the lack of definite quantities.

Tahini sauce:

Tahini
maple syrup
soy sauce
tabasco/hot sauce
water as needed

Make sure to mix the tahini thoroughly in the can before attempting to make the sauce. Start out with roughly a 65/35 ratio of tahini to syrup, and enough water to obtain a good consistency. Add the soy sauce next, a bit at a time until the salty and sweet balance. After that, add hot sauce to taste. If you don't like it spicy, you could use a bit of orange juice instead of hot sauce, to provide the necessary acidity.

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
Booze and Beer...then the food or how it tastes don't matter! LMAO!

Bitsy

Intelligent,Conservative,Beautiful
Dec 3, 2005
Jenison, MI
www.myspace.com
I don't really have any spectacular summer recipes but I do have a good one for home made bar-b-q sauce, it's great on chicken, pork, pretty much anything that you can bar-b-q!

1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1/3 worschestire (sp?) sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
3-4 tablespoons brown sugar (depending on how sweet you like your sauce)
Just throw it all in a sauce pan and mix it really well with a whisk, bring to a boil and use as you please!!

And if you'd like a nice summery drink to go with it you can try my strawberry slush! Are alcoholic beverages allowed to be posted? If not go ahead and remove this!!

1 48oz can pineapple juice
1 12oz can frozen lemonade
1 6oz can frozen orange juice
2 cartons/boxes frozen strawberries
1 20oz can crushed pineapple
1 fifth of either vodka or brandy, whichever you prefer
Mix all together in a large mixing bowl, freeze until slushy, stirring a few times. Scoop it into a cup and add 7-up or ginger-ale. Super easy and yummy too!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store