Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Posting questions and getting help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Newbie Forum' started by happychem, Oct 24, 2005.

1. stantheman

stantheman Registered Member

Apr 2, 2009
    thx for your insight. First day on this site with little forum exp and less fish exp. Having problem with rummy nose tetras in est tank, where should i post?

cheers

2. Lupin

Lupin Registered Member

Paul
    Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
    Feb 11, 2014
    Paul
    :welcome: to AC!

Post it either in this forum section or the General Freshwater forum.

3. stantheman

stantheman Registered Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Thanks lupester,

I have a 77gallon tank, 10 zebra dan., 10 copper rasboras, 2 opaline gouramis, 4 cory, and 10 rummy nose. The rummy nose tetra's were added last Saturday. Nitrates were 0.1 g/mL, pH 7'ish, and ammonia negligible. Overnight (sunday morning), smaller rummy nose developed internal white "blobbing" (for lack of a better word!). Most small rummy nose had it internal and directly inferior to dorsal fin. 7 days later, little progression, some smaller rummy nose have white coloured interanl organs. Fish in tank it was purchased from show no signs of same problems. Fish behavour appears normal but I'm inexperienced! Please help!!

4. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Today at 5:14 PM
    Mr. Normal
    started a thread for you buddy....

5. platysrules

platysrules Registered Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Hi,

what is jargon?

I have a heater in the same room as my tank, will it mess up my water/
    I also have the very cheap temp messuere ( it is a strip of plastic that sticks on to the out side) will a heater mess up the reading?
    My water is cloudy and it is a new tank is it new tank syndrome?

6. dreamweave

dreamweave AC Members

July
    Feb 22, 2011
    July
    So I went and got a 20 gallon tank, and used this site to set it up and figure out what to stock it with. I let it cycle for three days and got my fish today. I got one dwarf gourami six neons and four panda corys. And there all ok except the corys and one neon. Only one of my corys is still around and i dont know whats wrong but he's not doing well. What should I do?

7. jbradt

jbradt this is bat country

I. P. Daily
    Sunday at 12:02 AM
    I. P. Daily
    Lots of water changes as your tank is going through a "fishy cycle". Your fish are suffering from elevated levels of ammonia in the water.

Read the sticky on cycling, and consider posting further questions in separate threads in the general freshwater or freshwater newbie sections. That way more people will see them and be able to respond.

8. captmicha

captmicha Le tired.

Jan 18, 2015
    One great way to get quick answers to questions is by utilizing the search function! This forum is full of already asked questions so it must be full of answers too. Hint, hint.

9. kszest

kszest Registered Member

May 13, 2013
    I joined this community. i am new in aquariums and want to know names of following two plants if you please help me.
    IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG IMG_0353.JPG