Putting together a tiny aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
So I found these tiny wooden picture frames. I have no use for them & wanted to take the glass out of them and make a little tank.
How would I go about and silicone it together?
They are all the same square size, so it will have to be staggered, on or next to the bottom square?
They are 2.5in squares and are not even. Since it is so tiny and the glass is 1cm thick, I would think that's not an issue. Plus a leak of such small proportions also does not concern me much.

Please help, thanks!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
This is an interesting idea! I'm sorry I don't have any input to help put it together...

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
yes, photos would be very helpful.

would be interesting to see such a nano nano tank!

cichlidcichlid

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
I think it would work out fine because of the fact that it is so small. The water pressures associated with such a small tank would be very small. Plus as you said it isn't that much water, I wouldn't worry about it.

I would aasume you just silicone the side and the bottom using GE Silicone 1. However even with such a small tank I would wait to hear what others think because I have never actually glued the panes together. I just resealed the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store