Putting together a tiny aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cobfreak

AC Members
May 1, 2010
Cumberland, MD
The sides sit on the bottom pane, but the sides only touch edges to each other. The two inner corners of both panes touch.

Thanks. I'm still a little confused - was the bottom pane larger than the four side panes? I mean I guess it'd have to be, unless .... I don't know how it couldn't be. If not I think you used some dark magic. ;)

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
that should be fine... i have a 50 flatback hex that has several seams the same way. i would, however take a razor to the front of each glass pane to remove the excess silicone.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
Lol, whoops! The side panes are next to the bottom. Sorry, idk what I was thinking. I had it set up on top at first, but it didn't work. Ugh, anyway, pics of the tank in a second!

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
I know this thread is pretty old but I was thinking about trying this and I was wondering if anyone had any tips.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
I know this thread is pretty old but I was thinking about trying this and I was wondering if anyone had any tips.
Tips..hm, like building it or plants or?
Putting it together was very easy. I had glass already cut, so if you need to get glass cut, get a pro. And totally straight or perfect is no worry with this size, up to 10in cube I had no issues. Just put silicone on the inside, between and outside[outside to cover the sharp edges.] Used painters tape to keep it together, 12hrs later it was good to plant.

Btw you guys, the tanks plants have stayed dwarf, one Wisteria has gotten a bit tall, but not growing out. All I ever do is top off water, nothing else what so ever.

Last edited:

Jspigs

There is always more to learn
Aug 5, 2009
Massachusetts
Real Name
Jacob
<p>
Tips..hm, like building it or plants or?</p>
<p>Putting it together was very easy. I had glass already cut, so if you need to get glass cut, get a pro. And totally straight or perfect is no worry with this size, up to 10in cube I had no issues. Just put silicone on the inside, between and outside[outside to cover the sharp edges.] Used painters tape to keep it together, 12hrs later it was good to plant. </p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Btw you guys, the tanks plants have stayed dwarf, one Wisteria has gotten a bit tall, but not growing out. All I ever do is top off water, nothing else what so ever.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
Thank you those tips are exactly what I was looking for. I am planning to see if I can get some tiny square picture frames with glass tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store