PVC and other pipes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
I want to use pipes as supports to built my caves around but have heard different things. I know PVC is ok to use but have also seen somethign called ABS. PVC only seems to come in white around here,does it come in black? Is ABS ok to use,it comes in black. I think there is also some pipe that comes in gray

Can anyone help with a lesson in pipes?Which are safe?

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
Not yet! After reading that thread (and adding eye drops) I wouldn't hesitate to do so!:)

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
There is no way I am going to use a pipe not useable by humans to drink from. Its not 100 percent safe. No ABS for me :)

beviking

Senior Member, Sophomoric Attitude
Feb 16, 2002
Syracuse, NY
C'mon Jamison, humans would use the pipe for years upon years resulting in accumulation of toxins whereas fish will only be subjected to any "toxicity" for a few years. Any build up (if there truely is any) would be minimal.

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
thanks for all the replies,good to know someone uses it and has done so safely before i add it.

Now i don't want this to become a fight about ABS piping,that was discussed quite nicely in teh link provided.i mostly wanted to know first hand experiences,thanks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store