Question about chems and maintenance?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Whee! Those look like big happy swords. You can try to "stunt" them by removing the large outer leaves. Both the swords & crypts would like a root tab. The staurogyne doesn't look as happy. I try to get to it to be more of a ground cover but it's a bit more work than swords & crypts. I love all crypt species.

I'm sorry, I can't really see you althernaria. Could be I don't know what your specific 1 looks like I've only tried "rheineckii" or mini or whatever I was given...not successful for me very long term. I hope you have better luck

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, I see you were posting as I was. I'm just going to say get more real live plants. I don't mind the figurines but the wood & PVC seems too centered. The "golden rule" is (sort of) 3/5 to balance it out. I like the mermaid's "cave"!

Nyk0nn

AC Members
Sep 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Real Name
B
It’s supposed to be my daughters tank but it’s more ours than hers, she’s 6. Thanks, I picked that up for my Sterbai Cory’s.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
We all make compromises in tanks & life in general. I don't have kids but I can imagine...No Sponge Bob? Maybe it's different for girls...(an old Joe Jackson music reference I bet you don't get, lol.)

Nyk0nn

AC Members
Sep 27, 2021
Pennsylvania
Real Name
B
Lol, I understood that. I’m in my 40’s so I’m not that wet behind the ears. There were two unicorns in there before but the paint started to peel so I yanked them right out.

Warrior-Lady

AC Members
Jul 3, 2021
UK
I have a question about the products I put in my tanks. I use prime, fluval red bio booster for water changes. Aquarium co-ops easy green, iron and carbon for my planted tanks.

I was thinking of switching to api stress coat & stress zyme since I can get them online auto ship. Do I switch or just stick with what I’m using?

aquarium co-op has friTy zyme and complete water conditioner as well?
Not sure what to do? Insight?
I would stick with what you have as stress zyme builds great bacteria when a tanks doing a cycle to help the process, as i always use it when a tank needs cycling and stress coat is for adding for new fish to stop stress in the tank or for injuries.

I use Tetra aquasafe for treating my water with aquarium salt added as it keeps my fish healthy and any cuts it heels lovely, also had salt quality tested and my tank holds 5% salt enough not to hurt them but keep them nice.
I don't use live plants i use silk instead.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
The two ions that are present most often in seawater are chloride and sodium. These two make up over 90% of all dissolved ions in seawater. The concentration of salt in seawater (its salinity) is about 35 parts per thousand; in other words, about 3.5% of the weight of seawater comes from the dissolved salts.
from https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/why-ocean-salty

Stress Zyme does not contain the nitrifying bacteria that a cycle is intended to establish. it is called a bacterial cleaner:
API® STRESS ZYME bacterial cleaner contains over 300 million live bacteria per teaspoonful to consume sludge
The nitrfying bacteria to dot consume sludge.

if you believe Aloe Vera is a good idea in tour tank water,

Harnish, R.A., Colotelo, A.H. & Brown, R.S. A review of polymer-based water conditioners for reduction of handling-related injury. Rev Fish Biol Fisheries 21, 43–49 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11160-010-9187-1

Reactions: dougall
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store