Rapid breathing

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stoopid

AC Members
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by Dahlia
Have you done a water test? I would hold off on the arsenal of chemicals until you know what you are treating, as this could just make it worse if you guess wrong. Also, be sure that whatever you use is loach safe. If you haven't done so already, spend a lot of time watching them close up for a bit. Wait long enough while sitting still that they don't even realize you are there. You might catch them at something that clues you in (such as an aggressive fish you were unaware of).
Right on, I did the water tests for ammonia and nitrates last night and my tanks in fine shape (nothing noticeable).

I was just doing the watching session, and my canary in a coalmine Pleco came out and had some zucchini and zipped back to his hiding spot. There doesn't seem to be any aggression in the tank.

I had just gotten the Rosey Barb friday and will bring him back today. Because the tank's activity is back to normal today I am thinking my sick loach and the dead barb may not be connected.

Thanks again for the good suggestions.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store