Regular Oil vs. Synthetic Oil

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Anyone have opinions on which is better for a motocycle?
I have heard that synthetic oil can cause clutch slippage, and is not a good choice.

What about the brand names, meaning which manufacturer has the best product?

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
telecubby said:
either way it's bad for fish
I mentioned this once, but you didn't read, and I'm not surprised! :D

I'll give you the 'clue' again...

General Chit-Chat (1,459,231 Viewing)
GCC is the place to talk about almost everything that doesn't have to do with aquariums. Lets keep it open and please abide by the rules at the top of the forum.

Last edited:

Penfan66

Posticus Rareus
Sep 22, 2005
Sylvania, Ohio
I personally use Valvoline Dura Blend (Semi-Synthetic) in my truck...180,000 miles and no problems. Although they do say if you have an oil leak it will make it worse due to the higher viscocity.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
I forgot about the "Semi-Synthetics"...

Now that adds more choices.

:help:

ok you got me that time,my bad . always get recycled synth or semi . it's been filterred twice :) Sorry Joe I never know where your posting from because I always catch you on the new post category .I meant to answer the first time but theres something about you or your avitar that suggests you can take a joke no matter how early in the morning it is after a friday. IF YOU GET A ferring or faring or however you spell the front windshild & body pannel , you'le look like Prince man . :sim: I got a bike but it's a yamy 185 & i'm embarassed to ride it ,so small but your looks like a 650 or an 850,either way it looks better black than purple buddy :)

Unome

Love to Ride Our H-D
Apr 23, 2002
Ellenwood, GA
I use Amsoil 20w50 V-Twin motorcycle oil in our bike('04 Electra Glide Classic) and never had any problems. I use 75w90 in the transmission and the 20w50 in the primary.

Some people report good results with Mobil 15w50. What you have to be careful with is there are some oils that have additives which will cause problems(i.e. slippage) if used in primary.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store