Rescued death-row discus...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

missmeliss

Addicted to Aquariums
Aug 18, 2008
Exit 34B
Real Name
Melissa
That is absolutely astonishing! Great work and I hope he keeps on fighting for you!

Tay690

Addicted to Loaches
Feb 5, 2009
wow just seeing the improvement in the fish is an incredible achievement...poor little guy

Even if he doesn't make it...you've given him a better home during this time then he would've had wasting away in the grungy tank

I hope he pulls through...and when he does I vote you name him Trooper also lol

Anything that tough has to have a survivor name for sure

Kudos to you for having a heart

xVitox

Daphnia Wrangler
Feb 16, 2010
Downingtown, Pa
Im gonna go ahead and vote for Arnold...or Honda! much better name than Ford IMO never had a honda stop working on me yet ^_^

edit: also he looks nothing like a mustang either XP

ayra321

}((((*>
Jul 28, 2009
florida
awww he looks much happier! X2 on the trooper!
good luck with him,he looks like he is gonna be reel purty when he recovers!

mamapuff

AC Members
Sep 28, 2009
Great imput on names!! I do like Trooper. (no offense on the car related ones, and Arnold was cool too ) My hubby likes Trooper too, but we are both hesitant to name him and get attached just yet. Another 50% wc last night, and I went ahead and added some plants that I grow in my beta tank, (devils vine I believe?). He gingerly picked at a blood worm, nothing much.(I tried both before and after the WC, just to make sure.) He's is moving around a lot more, and coming out more to see us. After his water change he flashed his pretty colors again for a few minutes then returned to his dark cape of mystery ;) His buddy has stayed very close to him, and they follow each other around. There are also two babies in there as well, one with what I believe to be nitrate burn on his eye, making it a horn shape. I felt bad for him, and ended up taking him, and bought another from that tank because he was so tiny, and I hoped it would help him transition.

Fast forward to today:

Ran to the dome, (as we refer to our lfs, its the shape of a big dome, called Aquadome) and picked up some brine shrimp to see if he would prefer to hunt for his food. Ran home and turned the filter off, and poured some of the shrimp in, and waited. Both "Buddy" and "Trooper" just stared at the little sea monkeys floating around. The two babies, stayed under their plants. Sigh.. :cry:

Grabbed a beer and sat down, admittedly feeling a little defeated. I hate losing fish, but losing a discus.. I don't know, it gives me a different feeling. They are so graceful..

As I sat there head on my crossed arms sitting perched in my chair, i watched him just glide around the tank. Then a lunge. Then another! He ate 6 in a row! Oh yay! I watched him do that for about 2 minutes before he lost interest, Buddy too, eating at least 15.

Here are a "few" pics of feeding time. I got a little camera happy.

IMG_1420.jpg IMG_1421.jpg IMG_1422.jpg IMG_1431.jpg IMG_1432.jpg IMG_1433.jpg IMG_1434.jpg IMG_1435.jpg IMG_1436.jpg IMG_1437.jpg IMG_1441.jpg

dtd87

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
Good now it's eating :D Just keep your hopes high and keep doing what you're doing. And I'm sure it'll keep going smooth.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store