Sarcare's Fish and tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
All my tanks are in flux right now--some more then others--but I thought I'd post some pics here to keep track of my progression from one 20g high at the beginning of the summer, to all of the tanks and fishes I am now surrounded by. Trust me, multiple tank syndrome sets in FAST.

First Picture is the first 20g, which started out with the terrible stocking of 6 tiger barbs and three dwarf gouramis.

I added different gravel:

Added more decorations--went a little crazy:

The second tank came about when I discovered that barbs and gouramis do not mix any better then gouramis and other gouramis.

I got new lights for the original tank to try out live plants.

I moved georgie to my new tank and the barbs in here with the plants:

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
The live plants led me to meet with locals and trade plants with them, which led to acquiring a 55g free from a kind plantkeeper.

I got these guys to go in the 55, here they are chilling in the 20qt, I've not got pictures of them yet in the 55.

More research about the barbs revealed the need for more space, so I started planning a 38g for them.

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
However, a trip to a fish auction resulted in a temporary alternate stocking of the 38g tank as QT tank.

Here are a bunch of the occupants of the 38g:

So right now the original tiger barbs are sick, and the new barbs and new angels and rams are all in QT. So I have one hospital tank, three QT tanks, and one planted tank.

My stocking right now is:
55 planted:
15 rasboras
5 bronze corys
5 mystery snails,
1 SAE
1 Dwarf gourami
ghost shrimps

20 hospital tank:
2 healthy green barbs, 2 healthy tiger, and 1 healthy albino
1 sick albino, and 1 sick tiger

10g QT (overstocked while they wait to go into a 38g)
7 tiger barbs

20g QT
3 juvie koi angels
1 gold ram
2 blue longfin rams

38g QT
2 smokey angels
1 sunset angel
1 gold ram
2 blue rams
10 japanese trapdoor snails

I should be getting another 38g to put the angels in the 20g into, then the 3 in the current 38 will go in the 55. The gourami and rasboras will go in a 20, and the rams will go to the 38 and 20s. The barbs will go to the 38. It may take a while for the barbs to get better, if they do at all. So as soon as the angels are done in qt, they will go in the 55g, and the barbs will go from qt to the 20. I'll see how they do with the gourami, and put him in the 10 if there is a problem.

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
Your plants are all doing so well. I'm envious. I can't even get my plants in my 10g to pearl lately; still experimenting with macros. You sound just like me regarding the MTS and when you started. I had a 40g for many years until this summer. MTS lightning struck me as I walked down the street and presto, I have 40g, 20g, 10g, 75g and contemplating a 120g or 240g.. :dance2:

I also have some new fish in QT and shuffling them around trying to find a combination that works. It'd be so nice if someone would give me a free 55g. My goldfish would prostrate before that person.. *hint hint to anyone out there*

Last edited:

daniel364

Its not all that bad...
sarcare!!! you posted photos! These are amzing tanks you have! The live plants look really heathy! The aquascaping in your tanks is great. did i see georgie in one or two of those photos? they're never camera shy.

Great tanks

sarcare

AC Members
Aug 3, 2006
Here is some updated shots of my two angel tanks. I'm still waiting on some blxya auberttii to be delivered.

Full shot 55g:

The corner where the Blxya is going--I've just added a plant and taken out the myro:

Here are some pictures of the occupants of the tank:

Here is the full shot of the 38g, the vals are starting to send out new leaves:

Some of the occupants:

guppygirl123

Proud Member of the Muffin Mafia
Oct 15, 2006
U.S.A
Beautiful tanks!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store