Severum fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I don't know if that's too many either, I guess you'll find out as everybody grows ;) I "think" if the egg laying pair didn't beat up anyone you "might" be OK... for a while...I thought they were fairly peaceful for cichlids...Or your fish might be "bossy" (aggressive) like FFs. It's good you have a plan for either future! Sometimes it helps if they grow to adulthood together & establish a pecking/breeding order...time will tell...

After discussing with my husband, he thinks we had just 1 severum that came with a very too small tank & we didn't have it for too very long. I just don't remember after all this time, he might be right (every once in a while he is, lol).

I'd love to see pics of the new turquoise sevs once they get used to your tank. I'm not sure I can always differentiate between them & green...a lighting/substrate thing?

Oh I see you were typing too...

Daisy317

AC Members
Nov 24, 2022
East Coast, USA
Camera Used
Only a cheap ipad
I tried to take pics for you and they were hiding behind fake ficus vines or moving fast. Soon.
Sadly or gladly I have more money than brains with fish sometimes, so I am able to buy more tanks & terminate aggressive situations. I’m emotionally unable to cope with fish stress & worry too much that I’ve created a bad situation.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I hate to tell you but it's often more space limits than $$ or brains...& then you run out of room no matter how big your house...there just are limits...but you seem good for now! I still want pics you know...I'll wait...🍿

Daisy317

AC Members
Nov 24, 2022
East Coast, USA
Camera Used
Only a cheap ipad
Not exactly. But kinda. My house is big. I could easily go from my current 13 tanks to double, not that i ever would. I keep them in the areas I frequent the most: the main bedroom, the kitchen and the sun room.

I thought the bedroom will filled to the max with 6 tanks: two 90 G, a 110 G, two 55 G and a corner 44 G. Then I came up with a plan for an additional 125 and a 75. This involves a custom stand with space on the lower platform for the 75 and the 125 on top. The big TV will be mounted on the wall above the tanks. Now the TV is on an antique Victorian sideboard that will go to the Cat Room.

Last weekend the husband installed five 4x4 posts beneath this area to support the additional weight. He has installed many posts. People say I should just put the tanks in this mostly finished basement that has a concrete slab, but then I wouldn’t be able to watch my fish as much. He will be working on the stand today. I got a terrific buy on the used 125, but am having trouble finding a 75 at a good price. I’m sure Petco will have a sale soon or I will find a used one.

Daisy317

AC Members
Nov 24, 2022
East Coast, USA
Camera Used
Only a cheap ipad
I see you are from the SF Bay Area! My hometown! My mom, brothers & sisters etc still live there.
Are you familiar with the SF Ocean Aquarium? A fish shop owned by a Chinese man & his wife who have developed some very interesting techniques. Take a google look if you have the time.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Yes, I know Ocean & some of their "interesting techniques", lol. Was Aqua Forest around when you were? It's a high end mostly plant shop in Japantown.

I migrated the opposite way from you, from east to west with a start in the middle. We say go Eagles!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store