Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What types of goldfish do you keep?

• Common/feeder

Votes: 85 29.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 88 30.4%
  • Shubunkin

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Oranda

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Moor/telescope

Votes: 75 26.0%
  • Ranchu

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Ryukin

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Fantail

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • Bubble-eye

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Celestial

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Wakin

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Watonai

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pearlscale

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Jikin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Tosakin

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.3%

• Total voters

GuppyMan

AC Members
Nov 9, 2008
New Jersey
Real Name
Trevor
For a 29g, no singletails. Which fancy goldy do you really like?
Hahhah what kind dont i like?:laugh:

:nilly: Well, im really not fond of pearlscales (at all) uhmmm.... lionhead/ranchus.

I like orandas, ryukin, fantails. moors. and yeah

i still regret not getting those little blue orandas at the LFS....

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
GuppyMan, you won't regret a couple nice orandas for a 29g.;) 2 is about the only number I'd keep for that. If you could have access to Siamese dolls, 3 is fine. These are fascinatingly cute and don't reach 4-5 inches max compared to the others.

starky

AC Members
Feb 12, 2010
I just have a couple of normal goldfish. I have no idea if they're male of female, but I assume they are the same sex as I have never had any babies in the 7years of having them. Either way, their names are Will(orange) and Charlie(white)

SDC10997.JPG SDC10999.JPG SDC11000.JPG SDC11002.JPG

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
Bruce the red cap male, and Coco the female moor.

Just a few tank pictures. ive added hornwort to the tank recently and its taken off fantastically, the fish dont really bother it but still use it to spawn into, and it grows so fast :)

Piranha86

AC Members
Dec 26, 2009
Harford County Maryland
Real Name
Will
I just have a couple of normal goldfish. I have no idea if they're male of female, but I assume they are the same sex as I have never had any babies in the 7years of having them. Either way, their names are Will(orange) and Charlie(white)

Those fish show how the Japanese bred the Ryukin. Those are very deep for common golfish. :)

gmcb

AC Members
Sep 28, 2008
Pennsylvania
:jaw:UHHMMMM! I am absolutely obsessed with this tank!!!

and Lupin- I am sad to say that both my goldies have died....... :( RIP skittles and M&M...

I make my 29g a tank for common goldies or comets. How many could i keep in there at adult size? 1:goldfish:???? 2:goldfish::goldfish:??????
Oops, i quoted the wrong person. I was interested in the tank with no gravel but only the small glass planters with plants. I also love this tank set up. How do you keep the gravel in the jars so tidy? Or, do you take them out and clean them at each water change?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store