Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What types of goldfish do you keep?

• Common/feeder

Votes: 85 29.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 88 30.4%
  • Shubunkin

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Oranda

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Moor/telescope

Votes: 75 26.0%
  • Ranchu

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Ryukin

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Fantail

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • Bubble-eye

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Celestial

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Wakin

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Watonai

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pearlscale

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Jikin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Tosakin

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.3%

• Total voters

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
Here are my 9 goldies, i love them so much, full of character and so cute too, even the big guys are sweeties :hearts: im just on the lookout for a nice calico fantail, or better yet a calico oranda,with a lot of blue and black in them. im happy to wait for the right fish :)

in here right now i have-
male red cap oranda-bruce
female black moor-annie
male calico fantail-oddball
female calico oranda-dinkyfish
female white/orange small oranda-
female orange/white/black fantail-jazzy
female orange/white large oranda-
male orange large fantail-
female chocolate oranda-cookie

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh42/kelshay_photos/?action=view&current=fishievids027.mp4

i try to put my hand up to the tank a few times to show their sizes but they dont come close enough to the front for it to work properly for comparison so try to ignore my hands getting in the way :rolleyes:

J-P

No-So Old Fart
Oct 2, 2010
Bancroft Ontario, Canada
www.shirakura-shop.com
Real Name
J-P
J-P...love, love, love the video! they are gorgeous and such a riot!! the song choice made it even better!!
haha thank you!! It did take a while to choose a song for that vid. I thought it was funny also.

MollyFishLover

AC Members
Aug 6, 2010
Lawrence, Indiana
Real Name
Lindsey
So many purty goldfish I really want a shubunkin! Well here are mine in a 75 gallon. I love them so much they will get a pond, and they're comets I guess lol

100_2143.JPG gold4.jpg

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
So many purty goldfish I really want a shubunkin! Well here are mine in a 75 gallon. I love them so much they will get a pond, and they're comets I guess lol
aww, nice that they are in a big tank at the moment until you get a pond :) and they are commons as they have short tails, comets have long tails.

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
Beautiful goldfish everyone! Some of them are pretty fugly but their so fugly their kinda cute. I have no clue what mine are, I might make a video as my phone takes better vids then pics.

Flower1982

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
Pennsylvania
Real Name
Jess
My comet Herbie

MollyFishLover

AC Members
Aug 6, 2010
Lawrence, Indiana
Real Name
Lindsey
aww, nice that they are in a big tank at the moment until you get a pond :) and they are commons as they have short tails, comets have long tails.
Really? I always thought so but the brown one was sold to me by a guy who insisted it was a comet and I kept saying common and he kept saying comet. It was hilarious really lol thank you

kelly82

AC Members
Jun 1, 2007
Lincolnshire, UK
Really? I always thought so but the brown one was sold to me by a guy who insisted it was a comet and I kept saying common and he kept saying comet. It was hilarious really lol thank you
i used to get them confused too, a long time ago, but if you just do a quick online search you will find its commons with the short stumpy tails and comets with the longer very forked tails. heres just 1 of tons of information on it-

The Comet Goldfish is very similar to, and sometimes confused with, the Common Goldfish. The Comet Goldfish is a further development of the Common Goldfish. Both these fish have an almost identical body shape but the fins on the Comet are much longer, especially the caudal (tail) fin, and it is more deeply forked.

i always think of it as a comet in the sky has a long tail, its probably why they were called comets in the first place, i dont know, but its how i learnt :goldfish:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store