skinny clown loach please help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I don't remember the color they take on in the waste of freshwater fish but saltwater is generally white and stringy. It might still be white, but it wouldn't hurt treating just in case. Many freshwater fish have internal parasites but it doesn't affect many but the ones that suffer the most are Plecos, Loaches, and Puffers. Anyway, I would look into getting some and see what that does. Also just watch his body composition. If he is continually eating and not gaining any weight that is a good sign there are parasites within.

Tyler Gallo

AC Members
Apr 10, 2004
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Visit site
Thanks

thank you all for your suggestions they all helped my clown is doing lots better and he is gaining some weight back and my mommy sword tail just had babies 2 days ago i will just leave them in my tank they hidin in the rocks and in the plants so all i have to do to feed them is take a turkey baster with food in it and blast it under the rocks .

Tando Mando

AC Members
Apr 12, 2004
Planet Earth
Visit site
You are very lucky that clown loach survived, and it's a testament to your fish-keeping skills, so to speak. Usually, once a clown loach starts that slippery slide downhill, it's difficult to get them "back." I, like Ozark Joe Guy, would have flushed him to save my other fish from getting whatever it was the loach was sick with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mokomon

You can call me Sharon :)
Oct 16, 2008
N.H.
*cries at "flush him"*

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
dont flush him. feed him live bloodworms soaked in garlic.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
ummmm..this thread is 4 1/2 yrs old...the problem is most likely solved...

:)

Neervana

AC Members
May 17, 2008
London
:silly::silly::silly: LOL *ahem*...didnt see the date!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store