So what DO you drive??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lauren

Say hello to my lilttle friends
Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
The Mazda 3 is an amazing car. The WRX has more potential (and AWD is much better than FWD) but its just so pourly designed. The 3 has soul.

Maj0rFiSh

L33t 5p34k m0f0!!11one
Jan 14, 2005
South Coast of UK
Lauren said:
Major, that's a joke, right?

I have a 2000 BMW 323i manual. I used to have koni adjustables w/ H&R race and 18 inch BBS LM replicas, but she's back to stock now. I will gladly sell her to anyone here, so I can cut my payments.
Talking to me? :confused: Whats the joke?

Lauren

Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
The car is just a little... extreme, that's all.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Lauren said:
The Mazda 3 is an amazing car. .... The 3 has soul.
I just looked at them today! What can you tell me about them? Is it much different than the Protege 5 ? I did like the larger fog lights on the 5... I need standard shift...

Lauren

Aug 9, 2003
So Cal
Visit site
I haven't driven a Protege 5 to be able to compare them first hand. I have heard from many people that the Protege was an amazing car, a real good handler. I have also heard some people say the 3 is better. I've driven the 3 2.3 and it was a great car. Good shifter feel, the clutch was a little on the light side, but that was about my only complaint. The design was very well exicuted as well.

A friend of mine picked one up for his girlfriend. He is VERY picky about cars, I can tell you that much. He has nothing but praise for the 3. He says its handing is comparible to his 1995 M3 and that its a blast to drive.

If you look at the other cars in the 3's market range: the Civic, Corolla, the Golf, the TC, the 3 is probably the best looking of the bunch. Especially sinse WV killed the new Golf (horrible grill) and while I sing praises for the TC as well-- there isn't an origional line on the whole car (BMW front lights, audi grill, benz mirror, audi tail lights, nissan rear end...) I would spend the extra few grand on the Mazda 3 myself.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Lauren said:
I haven't driven a Protege 5 to be able to compare them first hand. I have heard from many people that the Protege was an amazing car, a real good handler. I have also heard some people say the 3 is better. ... ..... .... I would spend the extra few grand on the Mazda 3 myself.
Wow! Thanks for the review! I will look into the 3 further -- especially since gas might reach the $3.00 + a gallon sometime soon... Our Explorer will remain as the boat towing vehicle.

On VW's... I don't like them... I've heard of too many 'lemons' when it comes to that mfgr..

Where's that hydrogen powered car I want ???????
;)

RobP

AC Members
Feb 22, 2005
Crofton, MD
way too many to list but my favorite is and always will be my race car 1971 Plymouth Duster 416 stroker motor, and my old diesel to pull it and the trailer

NikkO

AC Members
Feb 4, 2004
Santa Clarita,Ca
Visit site
Lauren said:
The Mazda 3 is an amazing car. The WRX has more potential (and AWD is much better than FWD) but its just so pourly designed. The 3 has soul.
How is it poorly designed? I've seen how its boxer engine works and know now how it helps with the 50/50 front/rear balance... its a pretty smart and efficient design. The suspension and always be replaced and tuned with an aftermarket one in case some people one like it. Its interior isn't filled with too many luxuries since they only cost 19k-32k(give or take a few thousand). My brother is planning to get one(not the STi version, just the standard turbocharged version) and hes getting crazy over it. His friend used to own one... but he crashed it in the montains :( . I'm not trying to make a big argument, its just that I love the WRX more than the Mazda 3, and I'd rather compare it with the RX-8.

And to answer the original thread topic- I don't drive yet, but my choice for a first car would be between the Prius hybrid, 97-98 twin turbo Supra targa top, or a Ram 3500 Cummins 600 dually(I love diesels now) :D .

125gJoe said:
Where's that hydrogen powered car I want ???????
Joe- Lets just hope that BMW will bring theirs to the US :D.

Blinky

Gone
Jun 22, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
I'm an urban girl, I take the train. We live across from a subway station, take public transit everywhere - we don't own a car because it's so expensive and really impractical where we live. I do wish I could drive sometimes though (I'm epileptic and can't get a license because of that). If ever you guys are cursing, stuck in a traffic jam, be happy you're not sitting between someone with B.O. and someone else with morning breath on a train full of angry commuters :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store