so...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
Filling the tube from the faucet and capping both ends with fingers works. Try it...see if you can siphon a glass of water into the sink or a bucket. May take a couple tries, but it works.

...and with no substrate in there, you can vacuum poop up quite easily.

--Don

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
Its great to hear that you saved the goldfish from walmart, but I hope you wont be keeping them in that bowl for anything longer than a month. A 55 gallon tank will do for the 4 of them - for a while.

AS for your future pond question, 30" is a perfectly ok depth for goldfish, but NOT KOI.

More_Cowbell

You're gonna want that cowbell
Well, picked up the 55 yesterday (how many "thank you"s is too many?) *thank you again!*
I forgot to take a before pic, but the tank was sad and dusty so I washed it immediately after I got home, then filled it with water for a few hours to make sure it holds it (but OMG I gave myself a heart attack because I forgot that there are moldings with braces on the tank for a reason and so when I filled it I didn't have a molding on the top and it bowed out A LOT!) I ran inside and grabbed a pitcher and bailed as fast as I could. I was so scared that my carelessness was going to break the tank! I fixed the broken brace with superglue and rubber cement and siliconed the moldings onto the tank... unfortunately, the silicone needs a week to "set". I guess it's okay though because my dad isn't available to help me build the stand until next weekend anyways, so it works out.

Thanks to Don I have a nice big UGF that is going to be combined with the one I already have and it'll have six uplift tubes for water flow.

um, that's about it actually!
here's a pic of the cleaned and siliconed tank on my porch. (it's upside down)

tank.jpg

More_Cowbell

Its great to hear that you saved the goldfish from walmart, but I hope you wont be keeping them in that bowl for anything longer than a month. A 55 gallon tank will do for the 4 of them - for a while.

AS for your future pond question, 30" is a perfectly ok depth for goldfish, but NOT KOI.
The goldies will be moved into my newly cycled ten gal (carefully of course)as soon as it's ready, and then on to the 55.

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
Well, picked up the 55 yesterday (how many "thank you"s is too many?) *thank you again!*

I forgot to take a before pic, here's a pic of the cleaned and siliconed tank on my porch. (it's upside down)
You are quite welcome (again, again). Looks pretty good for somethin' I found in the trash! I bet it will hold water just fine...probly was in storage for ages. I did VACUUM it out before you picked it up...it was that cruddy!

--Don

hatcheridiot

Call me crazy...Crazy
Apr 19, 2007
Washington State
Post some happy GF pics when you get er set up! Congrats!

More_Cowbell

boo! I was supposed to build the stand on the 1st, but then the dad one found out that he had to work on his only day off this week!!!:mad2:
I think I may just have to build it myself. I'm scared:eek3:

So anyways, check it. I went to this park in Canton, and there are goldfish in the creek!!!
Aren't they purdy!?!?!

BTW, happy Independence day!!!!:dance:

park 055.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store