Some pics.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

latazyo

Grisled
Sep 17, 2002
well, since we've talked about the fish, let's talk about the room, do you have recliners facing this thing as if it were a TV or something?

kreblak

FDA approval pending
Mar 13, 2003
Wow, quite a plumbing job you've done on that tank. Did you set all of that up yourself? If so, I think you might want to consider becoming a plumber. That was impressive. The fish look good too. ;)

SamsonNY

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
hometown.aol.com
Thanks guys. Great forum as usual. :)

Unfortunately, no recliners. Couch and loveseat.

And, yes, did all of the plumbing myself. I call it my therapy. After a hectic "mentally" stressing day at work, I actually look forward to working out the details of the tank at night. :cool:

Time to sit back now. I need a break. :D

liquafaction

AC Members
Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Hey bud, on your skimmer,,,,, I have purchased a Berlin clasic, I was jacking with it because they said they are hard to figure out, but I am not using it yet.

They said not to block the "outlet" lines, or give them any restrictions such as putting "exhaust" under water line, or making "exhaust" travel up from the "outlet". It looked as if your water was traveling uphill? I also noticed that bubbles never really enter the collection cup, I guess this is because all the "protein" will just be pushed up as more and more are skimmed? Finially, my skimmer would get big (gram size) air bubbles on the outer tube, is this mis adjustment, or just part of it?

SamsonNY

AC Members
Dec 5, 2002
hometown.aol.com
Funny you mentioned the skimmer. I heard they're a ***** to tweak-out, but I spent some time and did some rearranging and now: I'm very happy with it. It's pulling out a nice dry foam (working properly :) ).

First, my exhaust tubes (as required) run immediately downhill. I drilled 1/4" holes in them BECAUSE the ends of the tubes are submerged. They need an air escape. So, if you just let the exhaust water "splash" down into the sump, don't worry about anything. But, I have the exhaust lines exiting under water level so, I drilled the holes.

Second, fluctuating water level. And, perfect water level.
I set up a tub. Have a Rio 600 sending water to the tub. (sits outside the cabinet in the back and ABOVE the sump). Then, a 1" bulkhead with hose leading back to the sump as the drain for the tub (bulkhead is near the top). Positioning the bulkhead will determine the water level in the tub. I made it 6 inches.

Now, all works well.

I have air-bubbles (micro size) going up the inner tube and "almost" all the way down the second tube. The bubbles get less dense since it's not a cloudy look near the bottom of the second tube. Then, the third (outer) tube has no bubbles going up and to the exhaust lines.

HTH.
Richard.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store