South American Paludarium Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Some minor tweaks. More branches added
1000120904.jpg

Also, find Toad the Banjo!
1000120924.jpg
1000120920.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I saw the eye before I read your caption. I wondered if I was really seeing a fish o_O

Those are some big bags of food!
She's such a fun fish to find. Sometimes it's just her little nose sticking out of the sand, sometimes it's just her tail which looks like a twig. She's just such a cool fish. Don't see her often, but it's way cool when we do.

Yeah, it's a tonnnnn of food. I've been sharing with other locals too who have needed food. No reason I can't share when I've got plenty lol I've barely made a dent in the pellets though. I've had them almost a year and I'm still only halfway through the bag. The flakes I've used more than half, but I've used them for isopods as well lol

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I rescaped the tank. Moved the branches I initially placed in the tank and flipped them so they were on the right side with the bulk of the scape.
Left the left side more open.

1000123825.jpg

Dinner time had all the fish coming out.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I adjusted the lighting on the left side, so it's more uniform colored (I use 2 lights, same brand but different widths/lengths so one side portrays the colours differently)
Blacked out the corner seal in the photo, drives me nuts it's visible lol
1000123966.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
And some cory pics!

Eques
1000124084.jpg

Baby brochis
1000124020.jpg

Male brochis
1000124122.jpg

Female brochis
1000124011.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cute cats as always! On the brochis, I would have guessed male on both the female & baby just by the fancier tail shape. The female does have "girlie curves" (chubbiness) & looks larger than the male. Nice the female gets some flashy finnage compared to many fish species.

Maybe you need a couple vals in that corner to hide the tank seal? Though it might be hard to control to just a few. Besides, I like a less naked open swimming end. I think it's the dead stop of plants. That may change after a bit. Well, my tanks are mostly jungles due to lazy gardening. So who am I to say? I keep hoping some of your aquascaping zeal will rub off once in a while. But not too often, lol

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Cute cats as always! On the brochis, I would have guessed male on both the female & baby just by the fancier tail shape. The female does have "girlie curves" (chubbiness) & looks larger than the male. Nice the female gets some flashy finnage compared to many fish species.

Maybe you need a couple vals in that corner to hide the tank seal? Though it might be hard to control to just a few. Besides, I like a less naked open swimming end. I think it's the dead stop of plants. That may change after a bit. Well, my tanks are mostly jungles due to lazy gardening. So who am I to say? I keep hoping some of your aquascaping zeal will rub off once in a while. But not too often, lol
Plants would look a little odd in that back corner where there's no other plants. That said, the sagittaria is migrating its way across the tank lol so who knows.

(Believe it or not, there's no vals in that tank--it's sagittaria and eleocharis. I just have the weird sagittaria that grows taller. Proved it with it flowering, it was definitely sagittaria)

I struggle telling male from female with the brochis, the only way I can really tell is that the females are a good almost inch larger than the males. For sure two females among the adults and I *think* three males. The females are only porky when gravid, but it's not super obvious like other cories either. So I struggle telling them apart that way, and by fin shape since they are fairly similar in that aspect too. I just go by which ones are larger. Big cories, I love them quite a bit.

You know, I don't think I've actually ever seen your tanks!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, that's because I don't have a smart phone, I think I've said (& you compared me to your grandparents, lol, fair enough)... I may have dropped off my photo hosting site due to lack of use...it's very hard to post pics for me...not my hobby as I've said for years. I think I did post a sewellia fry pic once...I was so chuffed! I'll look...

Don't tell me you don't have any vals! I saw that big bundle you just got!! I'm sure you could plant a couple in that corner...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store