Stand Advice

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Kyle is a smart shopper. "I want it NOW!" will get you into all kinds of trouble unless you are independently wealthy. (I'm definitely not.)
Now if i was wealthy i wouldbt be doing a 20gal or a 40gal. Id be more in the range of 200gallons+.

But in all seriousness, if you keep an eye on craigslist and local fish stores im sure youll come around a sweet deal. If the deal doesnt happen today just wait for the next day and look again.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
But in all seriousness, if you keep an eye on craigslist and local fish stores im sure youll come around a sweet deal. If the deal doesnt happen today just wait for the next day and look again.
+1

and don't be afraid to make a reasonable offer either, especially on older listings

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
Doug, do we need to call "Hoarders" on you and the wife? Next on Hoarders... People who hoard fish... You've got to smell it to believe it!

+1 on waiting and/or making reasonable offers... The worst they can say is "no".

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
remember, aquariums are made of glass... I can still see the floor!

ZorroNet

AC Members
Sep 21, 2013
Paxton, FL
flfarmersmarket.com
Real Name
Dave
remember, aquariums are made of glass... I can still see the floor!
... or all those newpapers from 1965 stacked on the shelf underneath the aquarium LOL (Just pickin' on ya, Doug! I know EXACTLY what you mean.)

Fractalis

Heavy Weapons Guy
Mar 3, 2011
Kyle is a smart shopper. "I want it NOW!" will get you into all kinds of trouble unless you are independently wealthy. (I'm definitely not.)
It helps to be employed by a big business, that way I can use any money I don't spend on bullets on my other hobby

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Now if i was wealthy i wouldbt be doing a 20gal or a 40gal. Id be more in the range of 200gallons+.

LOL! Stay small my friend!

I really cherish my 20L and 10g once I've completed WC's on my 55 and 75. That 20-40g is the sweet spot as far as I'm concerned.

Like said though, you've got to spend some time to find the deals. A 40B or 55g at a $1/gal sale is hard to beat. Put it on a ~$60 Titan EZE stand and that's not a bad deal at all, plus you can add a second tank on the lower shelf of the stand at some point if you want to.

Zipperpi

AC Members
Dec 4, 2013
New Haven, Ct.
75g up and running. Painted the stand, added a pvc panel attached with strip magnets to the back, wrapped the tank frame in white vinyl and went with Tahitian Moon sand. Waiting for an AC110 to come in the mail. Thank you all for your guidance/input.

photo 1.JPG

photo 1.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store