stand and tank build up

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

arnoldisnumero1

Govenator
Dec 20, 2006
www.hapaglloyd.com
ok so Niko has basically done this already, but I figured my take should be seen too....I have used his stand design, but substituted treated lumber, just in case. Finished the skeleton today and put in the basement in its final location, left to do is plywood top and bottom. I have chose to hang beadbord for the skin instead of plywood, and it will be stained or painted, still deciding on that. Tank will be a 135G from Glasscages and will be FOWLR, hoping to do some triggers, tangs, and perhaps a stingray...not sure, I have yet to really research the fish part, will come to that soon, but for sure will not do a reef, my budget is hurting enough with the 46 reef. Enjoy.

-J

DSCN2265.JPG DSCN2266.JPG DSCN2267.JPG

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Hiya mate...Its starting to look reall good matey..I shall be following this one and see how you get on...Just getting to the plumbing stage on my setup...Updated my thread today..

Niko

arnoldisnumero1

Govenator
Dec 20, 2006
www.hapaglloyd.com
she is home

The tank made it home today and is on the stand. All left to do is plumb, and cover the stand with something. Check it out....

DSCN2269.JPG DSCN2270.JPG DSCN2271.JPG DSCN2272.JPG DSCN2273.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Looks like that will be a prime location for a tank. Can't wait to see it finished. :cool:

arnoldisnumero1

Govenator
Dec 20, 2006
www.hapaglloyd.com
Looks like that will be a prime location for a tank. Can't wait to see it finished. :cool:
LOL I have been telling my wife the same thing since we bought this house in May....this is actually in our basement, which will double as an office. Cant wait!!

arnoldisnumero1

Govenator
Dec 20, 2006
www.hapaglloyd.com
A really nice looking tank there buddy..Am sure this is going to look great when its all finished..

Niko
Thanks Niko, I am actually more interested in seeing your tank finished, I check the DIY threads daily for updates!!! :D , keep em coming!

-J

kjf91004

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
Eau Claire, WI
Looking good so far! Have you decided what to cover it with yet? Wainscot could be a good option. It was really easy to work with. As a bonus, the trim used with it really finishes off the project.

arnoldisnumero1

Govenator
Dec 20, 2006
www.hapaglloyd.com
KJF- is wainscoating the same as beadbord?

kjf91004

AC Members
Jun 4, 2006
Eau Claire, WI
KJF- is wainscoating the same as beadbord?
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Oak-Wainscot-Chair-rail/dp/B000CSP79E

I am not sure what bedboard is, but that is a rather bad pic of wainscot. I purchased mine from Menards locally, and it is available in a variety of woods from oak, knotty pine, to hickory. It is tongue and groove and must be finished before putting it together. It usually goes on the wall with a base rail on the bottom and a chair rail on the top. The "rails" are designed to have a small shelf that the wainscot pieces fit into. The front of the pieces are grooved to give that pattern seen in the pic. For matching cabinet doors, I just turned the wainscot over and glued the pieces together, lightly sanded them, and used appropriate trim around them. It really turned out well. I would reccommend it to anyone who is remotely handy.

I had been shopping around for a 120g stand and tank, and was not happy with what I had found, both with quality and price. My husband and I (mainly him :) ) built a stand and canopy that I am really proud of. It truly looks like it belongs in the room. If you give me another week, I can probably get pics. I am sorry, but I am out of town all week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store