Starting a planted tank.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
I'm still not happy with the scape of my tank. I'm going to move stuff around again maybe I can figure something out to keep the piece of wood down.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I have a piece of wood held down by a bridge ornament at the min, just hold it down securely, don't want it flying up and killing a fish/damaging something. I did like you at first, I kept adding more plants when I lost plants etc, after listening to ppl I use ferts and root tabs etc plus correct lighting to ensure I don't need to buy any more.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
I been using root tabs and co2 booster. All I need to do is upgrade my light and maybe get a co2 kit?
It's all like a seesaw, all the ingredients to plant grown need to be balanced. If there is an issue with the balance (your lights) then you will have issues.
I don't use CO2 but did look into it, think I may do so in future.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Neatfish

AC Members
May 1, 2012
My Bat Cave somwhere in TX
I kind of moved some stuff around but not too much. I'm still not happy with it yet. That magazine is pretty good it has tons of info if your just starting out with this hobby. uploading a small video of my tank now.

My Betta after a shrimp pellet.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store