Starting up Saltwater! Woo!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It does sound like a pistol. Many will not harm fish but if you want him out now is the time. Seeing any tunnels or sand drifts yet?

The algae is concentrating around the PH because the PH is bringing nutrients to that area as it takes in water. Think of it as a filter without any media to trap all the crap.

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Well something is building like a wall out if the substrate... Like using some sort of webbing? And I ment like on the otherwise of the tank where the PH is facing, I thought you said more flow would stop the algea from attaching or something :p

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
I thought you said the algae was building up on the PH. Sorry, I misunderstood. Is there actaully flow where the algae is? Just because the PH is facing there doesn't mean that flow is getting there especially if the HOB filter flow is falling down into the path of the PHs flow. In any case, what you are describing is common to all new tanks and should get better soon.

Can you post some pics of what you are seeing?

The webs are probably vermitid snails. See any small hard tubes on the LR?

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Okay, thanks :) well let's just hope it dies down. Until then I will just wipe :)

I will post pics tomorrow :)

Thanks

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Sorry, I can't seem to find the camera... :( but I haven't seen any building so I dunno. Lol. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about at the moment :)

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Haha :)

Well the tank has been wreaking havoc but all is settled over the last week :)

I bought a nice heliofungia thinking it was related to the fungia family but was wrong. Although it's doing great so far and I'm feeding twice daily :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store