Stocking ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
So since I already have a glass cat I was thinking I could do
6 glass cats
10 neons
1harlequins
6 otos
6 Pygmy cories
Shrimps.

Sound good?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
How many harleys did you really mean, I know it wasn't 1, lol. Espei rasbaoras are a little smaller & a pretty coppery color but similar.

I think I said before I have no glass cat experience. What temp are they happy at? (dangling participle...) Otherwise it sounds good to me, maybe more otos & corys...6 is pretty much my minimum for shoaling/schooling species

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
How many harleys did you really mean, I know it wasn't 1, lol. Espei rasbaoras are a little smaller & a pretty coppery color but similar.

I think I said before I have no glass cat experience. What temp are they happy at? (dangling participle...) Otherwise it sounds good to me, maybe more otos & corys...6 is pretty much my minimum for shoaling/schooling species
Lol 10. What happened to being able to edit a post.
I will have to look into espies. Never heard of them.
I have the tank running about 75 degrees. Which is the low end of what GCs like

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I think you have 15 minutes or less on editing.

Espei are in the same genus as harleys, very similar, sightly smaller, less orangy...more coppery in a pretty way! Not uncommon fish.

If you don't want GCs & their different needs (?) think some more, just because you have 1 doesn't mean you have to have a tank organized around it...get fish you love!

Reactions: Wyomingite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I prefer espeis,(a.k.a. lambchop rasboras) to harlequins myself. Here's a link to the profile at Seriously Fish: Trigonostigma espei – Lambchop Rasbora — Seriously Fish

I have really hard water (39 dGH or 650 ppm) and I had these guys breeding like crazy. I started with ten in a 30 gallon along with ten zebra danios and a half dozen badis when I moved out here in 2005. Up until a few years ago I still had a decent number left of each that were descended from the original stock. The danio and rasbora eggs would get caught in the java moss and then the fry would make it up to the hornwort I had floating. I think they all finally stopped breeding due to in-breeding.

WYite

Reactions: IceH2O and Sprinkle

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I prefer espeis,(a.k.a. lambchop rasboras) to harlequins myself. Here's a link to the profile at Seriously Fish: Trigonostigma espei – Lambchop Rasbora — Seriously Fish

I have really hard water (39 dGH or 650 ppm) and I had these guys breeding like crazy. I started with ten in a 30 gallon along with ten zebra danios and a half dozen badis when I moved out here in 2005. Up until a few years ago I still had a decent number left of each that were descended from the original stock. The danio and rasbora eggs would get caught in the java moss and then the fry would make it up to the hornwort I had floating. I think they all finally stopped breeding due to in-breeding.

WYite
Only problem I see,and maybe I haven’t looked hard enough, but they seem to be wild caught vs farm raised.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Ok so I finally got a kh/gh liquid kit.
Strips were reading way lower. I thought I was at 2 on both.
Liquid says
Gh 6
Kh 4

I know neons like softer water. Need to check on the others but pretty sure they did too. Think they will do okay or do I need to rethink my stocking.?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store