Stocking list for my 55 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
It might be an issue but I think you will be ok assuming the flame will leave the wrasse be if the flame is added last (it should be anyway). There is also a chance the coris will not much your shrmip if you buy larger shrimp and add them before a small coris but if you want shrimp, I wouldn't risk it. Even if the coris doesn't get them, I would suspect the shrimp would go into hiding quite a bit while the wrasse is cruising around.

Flames aren't that bad to fish that don't have the same body type (taller and flat). No guarantees when it comes to any individual fish's behavior but I think a fairy or flasher will be fine. Flasher will be a little bit more "jumpy".

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Greech, you are a wealth of knowledge. Thanks for the advice! I will look into some other wrasses! I really like the yellow though... Reminds me of my electric yellow labdochromis African cichlids!

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Can anybody recomend a fish that is mostly blue or yellow that would be safe for shrimp? Also one that is reasonablely priced, like under 50$. I'm just looking for something to contrast the red of the flame angel that I want, the orange of the clowns, that I have. I was thinking about yellow watchman goby and pistol shrimp combo for yellow...also not really sure I want a damsel or chromis.. but honestly not ruling them out. Thanks again in advanced!!

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
I actually love this little guy. For some reason I took him off my original stock list. I think I was thinking that he was basicly the same as bi-color dottyback, which is not shrimp safe from what i had read!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I'm not trying to be negative, but I saw a video on YouTube where a lionfish at one when BBC was filming aquatic life off the coast of florida.

They are nice looking fish though...

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Ok, so an update! Frick and Frack are still in QT for another 2 weeks or so! DT is looking good!! Ammonia 0 nitrite 0, nitrate 20. Noticed a few things today!! Think I have a whole boatload of copepods all over my glass and the anenome has some how resurrected its self!! Do you Think it may survive now that it is out of the cycle? I know its prognosis probably isn't good, but I thought it was already dead... Even removed pieces of it!! Chased off some hermits...

uploadfromtaptalk1340380414665.jpg

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
just another note... pre "death" pic in #33 in this thread!

Also dont think the pictures show off that it has green tips on end of tentacles.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
Sorry for not recognizing this sooner but from that angle it sure looks like a majano. Guess I was going off of what your LFS stated was on the rock (bubble tip). Google around for pics of mojanos and you should be able to make a positive ID.

Chances are those are copepods on the glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store