Stocking my 20 Gal. Tall Aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CrustaceaCurtis

AC Members
Feb 17, 2012
North of Boston
If you want cories, I'd get a school of five and absolutely NO SHARKS. The cherry shrimp are so small that they might get eaten, so I'd go with five amano shrimp and maybe some nerite snails to tackle any potential algae. That should be a good total amount, but add them slowly and make sure there's no ammonia or nitrite and very low nitrate. What's your filter?

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Hopefully someone can comment, but if you're looking for centerpiece fish, what about gouramis? I have never had them but if I had a few more tanks, I would. :) check aqadvisor for compatibility with guppies.

stephybabe88

AC Members
Aug 8, 2010
Texas
Neon tetras are easy colorful fish. If you get those add 5. Mollies are good beginner fish, but they can breed easily. What does your local fish store carry?

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
if its a brand new tank and has only been running a couple days, then I would says its best to not add any more fish right now. As the tank will get an ammonia and NitrIte spike which is toxic to fish. It is good to plan your stocking and research everything solidly though.

Most schooling fish are best in groups of 6 or more, same with Cory Cats w would be the least i would keep each species in. BUT cory cats are not algae eaters they are bottom feeders

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
are you going to add more live plants ? or going with plastic ? either will work but with Gouramis you will definatly need more coverage to break there line of sight of eachother so the agression stays down. Gouramis can get a little nippy and fiesty with eachother or the other fish in your tank

sammcc

AC Members
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City Beach
Real Name
Sam
Would platy's work better than gouramis? I just want something small yet eye catching please make me a list to finish stocking my tank I am in desisive the guppies are top swimmers I want some middle and some bottom feeders and a algae eating fish or shrimp I'm gonna get a few more live plants but I'm adding some more fish next Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store