Suicidal plecos????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

camber1981

AC Members
Jun 23, 2008
Genoa, IL
Okay, so i've got some wierdness going on in my 55G tank. I had 4 mollies, 2 tetras, 4 platys, 1 swordtail, 1 4" long gold gourami, 1 3" long blue paradise gourami, 3 2" long sunset gouramis, 2 8" plecos, and 2 4" x 8" angels, along with a few MTS and a 4 1/2" rusty crayfish, and my tank has been up and running for about 6 months now, with regular bi-weekly 25% water changes. Saturday evening, one of my plecos "drowned" itself when it came up for air and got stuck on the power cord for the heater. Unfortunate, but acceptable considering my luck. Yesterday, i noticed the water in the tank started getting REALLY cloudy, almost a milky white, so i decided to do an unscheduled water change. About 1/2 an hour after i finished, my other pleco rammed its nose against the lip of the tank so hard it actually killed itself.:confused: An hour later, one molly and one platy were dead. Now today, I came home from the doctor to find my angels dead. Any ideas what might be going on????

chefjamesscott

beware the house tiger
May 28, 2008
the gourami are assassians

sorry to hear about the badness goin on in your tank

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
the gourami could be the murderer

camber1981

AC Members
Jun 23, 2008
Genoa, IL
its weird because the apart from the blue hating goldfish, i've never had ANY problems with gouramis. did have a problem with a betta once....

mavisky

DIY FTW
Feb 6, 2008
Fort Wayne, IN
I doubt a 4" Gourami is taking out 8" plecos. I've got 3 in my 55 and they get along great with everyone.

jackiomy

Lover of Oddballs
Jul 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
Real Name
Jacki Wilson
Is it possible you have a stray electrical current from a loose connection? I lost some goldfish in my pond because the pump had a short.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store