Sunlight’s tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
I really like this tank, don't know if you noticed it but you have patches of Cyanobacteria ("blue green algae") here and there, I recommend to siphon those off to keep them in check...
Thank you! Yep unfortunately I'm fully aware... those are the remnants of my cyano war. It started to grow when I didnt refill my CO2 kit for a month after it ran out and got behind on water changes. It used to cover everything. ?

Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

northernlady

AC Members
Jan 24, 2020
Hi everyone, this is my 10 gallon nano tank!

View attachment 225488
View attachment 225486
View attachment 225487

I have another one of these journals for this tank on the other forum. That one started way back when I first got this tank in 2018. I figured why not make another one of these just for funsies.

It houses my male betta, Reggie, who I bought this tank for

View attachment 225484

He is two years old now. Although I love Reggie, my favorite critter is my African dwarf frog Eddie

View attachment 225485

He is quite the hoot. He also thinks he is a great singer and sings all night long every night. Love him. Finally, I have my nerite named Eggs cause that’s all she does.

View attachment 225489

My pH out the tap is 6.6, but I run a DIY CO2 system and have tannins so it’s probably lower. No one seems to mind.

My light is the finnex 24/7 light and works wonderfully. Can’t seem to program it very good though. My lid is a DIY one my dad and I made two christmases ago. I’ll make a separate post about my CO2 system later, since I don’t have very many pictures of it yet.

And that’s my tank! Love it to death. Good thing to keep me occupied with during quarantine.
I love your tank! dwarf frogs are one of my favorites, how long have you had him and what kind of filtration do you have for his tank?

Reactions: Sunlight

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
I love your tank! dwarf frogs are one of my favorites, how long have you had him and what kind of filtration do you have for his tank?
Thank you! They're my favorite too!

I got him and his brother early October, so I've had him almost 6 months now! Unfortunately his brother, Crash, passed away in a tragic accident a few months ago. Somehow his whole leg was crushed overnight and eventually grew a fungus despite my treatments. I'm unsure whether the leg, fungus, possible internal bleeding, or exhaustion (he couldn't swim very well because he couldn't use the leg, but I put him in a breeder box to make it easier and he kept jumping out) killed him. Now it's just Eddie left, but he seems to be handing it quite well. I plan on getting him a friend eventually but I'm unsure if I could handle if after 2 months of quarantine the new frog had chytrid and I had to start over quarantining another frog. So I'm going to wait until I can find a trustworthy breeder if possible.

The filter is a tetra whisper filter made for 10 gallon tanks (i believe called 10U or 10i or something). I divert the flow with pothos roots so it doesn't even make swimming remotely hard for my betta, who is a way worse swimmer than Eddie is ?

Reactions: northernlady

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Looks really good! Great aquascaping! I nvere knew that ank was that nice! wow! I might get c02 like that. How well does it work?

• Love

Sunlight

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
Looks really good! Great aquascaping! I nvere knew that ank was that nice! wow! I might get c02 like that. How well does it work?
Thank you!! I LOVE my CO2. You can't see the effects of it now (I got lazy and didn't refill it for a month, hence the cyano everywhere) but hopefully these pictures i post on here will show its magic over time

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Thank you!! I use a finnex planted+ 24/7 light (can’t remember which version, it’s the one that’s not the strongest ). And yep 7 hours. I am exhausted
You're welcome! I'vve heard good things about. Unfortunately my wallet doesn't like the price! lol Take a nap! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store