FS SUPER DISCUS BLOW OUT SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
Discus can go into a 60 hex? They don't need a long tank? I have one being repaired!! OMG.... how many can go in? Pop.....how much is shipping for the red scribbelts to 16424...western PA?

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
god dangit!!!!! i want discus with a passion and just when i find them for a good price i run out of money

Yeah me too, I just saved up a little extra $$$ only to find out my employer is shutting down our operation after the 1st of 2009. Merry Christmas, you're all fired... Yay. the gift that keeps on giving... Unemployment. so no more discus for me...

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Yeah me too, I just saved up a little extra $$$ only to find out my employer is shutting down our operation after the 1st of 2009. Merry Christmas, you're all fired... Yay. the gift that keeps on giving... Unemployment. so no more discus for me...

zIG , YOU CAN ALWAYS START breeding discus , they can defiantly pay the bills once you get it right.

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Discus can go into a 60 hex? They don't need a long tank? I have one being repaired!! OMG.... how many can go in? Pop.....how much is shipping for the red scribbelts to 16424...western PA?
What size? and Amount?

As far as a 60 Hex I would say 4-5 depending on size. Discus do need room to swim . I believe Angels would be a better fit for a 60 Hex. It also depends on filtration and WC's along with decor.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
Mine is actually a 65 gal hex. Magnum 350 hooked up to a UGF plate to make it a RUGF. Haven't decided on decor yet. I have a pair of Marble angels that I was going to move into it from my 30 gal, but if I can keep discus for life in it...that would be awesome.

The small red you have for $10 a piece are the ones I was looking at... I am a stay at home mom so feedings and wc wouldn't be a problem, but the $$ of the larger ones I can't afford. I have read to get 5 because of aggression, or can 1 be happy by itself? If not I would get 5 if they can stay in the hex.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
hex's have weird foot prints..usually small for the gallonage
also keep in mind the smaller ones will need more care..since feeding them several times per day = water changes.
but it is doable with small (juvenile ) Discus.

those red scribblets do sound interesting even if a bit challenging.

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
hex's have weird foot prints..usually small for the gallonage
also keep in mind the smaller ones will need more care..since feeding them several times per day = water changes.
but it is doable with small (juvenile ) Discus.

those red scribblets do sound interesting even if a bit challenging.
I agree

Ed,

We can always combine Discus with the Altums, I will have a steady supply of RS's since they spawn frequently and have a 90% fertilization rate.

PopPopsfish

AC Members
Mar 17, 2008
PA
Mine is actually a 65 gal hex. Magnum 350 hooked up to a UGF plate to make it a RUGF. Haven't decided on decor yet. I have a pair of Marble angels that I was going to move into it from my 30 gal, but if I can keep discus for life in it...that would be awesome.

The small red you have for $10 a piece are the ones I was looking at... I am a stay at home mom so feedings and wc wouldn't be a problem, but the $$ of the larger ones I can't afford. I have read to get 5 because of aggression, or can 1 be happy by itself? If not I would get 5 if they can stay in the hex.

Snoopy,

I would love to sell you Discus , I am telling you this for your own peace of mind. You will not be able to keep 5 Adult discus in a 65 hex , these fish we have grow to 10"+ so you do the math , it would not be a suitable environment. you and your fish would be unhappy in the long run.

I would suggest getting a 55 if you have the room , I see 55's on Craigs list all the time in PA for $40.00 or less. Find one that needs repair and fix it . We buy all kinds of broken,leaky tanks for a few $ or free and repair. Local glass shops will be able to supply you with glass and silicone .

Best Wishes

Pops

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
zIG , YOU CAN ALWAYS START breeding discus , they can defiantly pay the bills once you get it right.
Dont think I havent thought about this in the past Pops..
I wonder if I could breed any in a 20gal Long...
I was going to set up 3 of them for shrimp breeders...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store