Suspicious white “spot” on my plec’s belly. HELP please!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AnthonyF

Registered Member
May 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

this is my pride & joy, Simon. The apple of my eye & tank!

I’ve noticed this morning that he has a rough looking white spot on his belly. I would liken it to a burn (??).

I’m super worried& want reassuring that it’s a) probably nothing or b) that it’s early enough caught so I can treat& he will be fine.

Parameters are all under 10PPM & PH is 7.2. Temperature at time of typing 27°

Please help! Thank you.

71689F1F-927A-4B42-BAF0-AA8A6003E7AC.jpeg

E1C2DBCE-72D4-4273-B360-CB8493AD0A62.jpeg

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
For how long have you had him? What are the exact parameters that are under 10ppm?
How is it "rough"? What other fish are in the tank?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep. We need to know lots more info as loach suggested above.

Why 80degF?

AnthonyF

Registered Member
May 1, 2020
Hi FishyFresh & The Loach,

Chlorine - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 1
Total Hardness - 120
Carbonate - 0 (I misread my dip stick)
PH - 7.2

Temp = I've got 6 pregnant mollies (1 gave birth this afternoon - I only managed to rescure 2/10-13

Rough - I haven't felt it, it just looks rough (sorry, wrote in haste/panic).

He is acting normal, eating like he usually does etc. I've not noticed any behavioural changes.

I'm a relative newby - ~6months experience. LOTS of research & reading.

I bought him from my LFS, about 2/3 months ago, who said he was around 1-2 years, he's about 7-6 inches long with a rotund belly (which means healthy, right?)

angelcraze

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
He or she looks healthy yes. Could be a little scrape. Doesn't really look concerning to me.

But water changes will be your friend. Don't give pathogenic bacteria a leg to stand on and by keeping water conditions up, you strengthen the fishes' immune.

Keep your eye on the injury (or whatever it is), and watch for healing vs the spot growing larger.

Oh and you might want to get a liquid test kit vs the test strips because they are notoriously inaccurate. API makes a pretty good master kit at a responsible price. It's what most of us are using.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store