Tadpoles.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaringshutter

Befriend a feeder!
Oct 17, 2006
Southern California
All right, that's enough!

Let's keep it peaceful here, everyone. I think there's a little misunderstanding going on due to the impersonal nature of the internet.

Mudskipper had a great idea in the original post, to use native species rather than invasive exotics. So I think we can safely assume that all the warnings NOT to release exotics, i.e. bullfrogs, leopards, aren't falling on deaf ears! There are far too many people jumping all over the OP for mentioning exotics, when his original idea was to use natives. Kudos to you, Mudskipper, for asking advice about going at it the right way.

I'm sure no one meant to get nasty or start a fight, so let's all assume the best and keep things nice.

Darkness did have a good idea - contact fish & wildlife. If you can, find a local office and go in to talk to someone in person. If you can get past their official secretaries and talk to someone who is actually interested in the local fish and wildlife, you could get some great recommendations. You can also try looking for a local birding or wildlife club. Even if they don't know much about frogs or tadpoles, they may know the wildest places in your area, including hidden or hard-to-reach creeks and streams that may have native frogs.

Darkness9876

AC Members
Aug 11, 2008
No Where Kansas
I live near wichita and we have a state wildlife and parks center. You can call them and ask them anything and if they don't know it they will find someone who does.
You can get anything through them, out of season permits for nuisance animals, permision to "dispose" of animals that are a nuisance but are otherwise protected. They can also tell you more than you could ever want to know about most things and where to see them. I have had them Identify plants, animals, mysterious tracks, animal attacks, sick deer, any number of things and they have always been very helpful.

I don't mean to jump on the op but sometimes aggressivness is the only way to inform someone when they won't listen. I tend to speak up hasrhly especially if it could become detrimental very quickly.

Every state has a wildlife and parks division just call them I'm sure they will help.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Darkness did have a good idea - contact fish & wildlife. If you can, find a local office and go in to talk to someone in person. If you can get past their official secretaries and talk to someone who is actually interested in the local fish and wildlife, you could get some great recommendations. You can also try looking for a local birding or wildlife club. Even if they don't know much about frogs or tadpoles, they may know the wildest places in your area, including hidden or hard-to-reach creeks and streams that may have native frogs.
I've once emailed the california department of fish and game when I asked them if mudskippers were illegal or not. I'l email them again asking where I can find frogs.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
Still can't find any frog parks. Also my computer got a virus so I'm not using it but rather a mac which sucks.
Now I'm pissed because
NOBODY
ANSWERED
MY
ORIGINAL
QUESTION. This is why so far, the only place I know where can get frogs is a pet store.
SO, If you live near long beach just TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND SOME BLOODY TADPOLES. OKAY?

God.

Last edited by a moderator:

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
Still can't find any frog parks. Also my computer got a virus so I'm not using it but rather a mac which sucks.
Now I'm pissed because
NOBODY
ANSWERED
MY
ORIGINAL
QUESTION. This is why so far, the only place I know where can get frogs is a pet store.
SO, If you live near long beach just TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND SOME BLOODY TADPOLES. OKAY?

God.
not sure of the relevance of that video, but you need to chill out.

you've effectively driven me to not give you a lick of advice ever again though. best of luck to you on this site.

Darkness9876

AC Members
Aug 11, 2008
No Where Kansas
Hmmm. Let me help you out here.

Get rid of all of your animals, don't even think about having animals ever again. Fill in your pond and be done.

How many times must we tell you that the frogs at the lfs are not local frogs most likely.

Yes I understand that was not your original question. Another thing is the frogs you would find at the park are most likely not local frogs either. Why aren't they local frogs? you ask The answer people like you who have no respect for the environment.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Discussion of the issue has been overtaken by personal comment; we are done. (ps let me reccomend a nice little spot which is always open; I like to call it 'above the fray' :)...find the high moral ground and turn left just in there :D)

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store